Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-23-06, 12:33 PM   #1
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Why you SHOULD fish swimbaits!!!

All I can say is WOW!!!! When looking at this site you want to look to the left hand side and click on the windows media link. I think its in Russian.....

http://svt.se/content/1/c6/56/41/54/...arfilmfisk.asx

This is a COOL video!!!
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 02:02 PM   #2
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

what happened to his hand i dont under stand russian
Old 04-23-06, 02:04 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

owww dam the hell kind of fish was that? it tore his fingers slap up but good -had a tail like a bass but bass would not do that-even a big one..up on watching it about 3 times it is either a big trout or a big salmon the body is the right size and they both have damagin teeth..

zooker
Old 04-23-06, 02:27 PM   #4
JB

i speak russian so let me translate,
first the guy in the back is kidding the angler about not wiping his butt very well , and thus all the flies and critters swarming around him.
After he hooks the fish, he got a "little to friendly" with the fishes "nads"
and upon release the sneaky fish cut him with those ever so sharp gill plates...happens all the times to ruskies
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 04:24 PM   #5
pig n jig

Джон Иван,TBOE прямой H3 AeH brH. Funny how we share the same name, Джон in Russian although we spell it differently here from Nationality purposes.Normally it would be typed differently, but I segmented it so you can decipher it. P N J.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-06, 04:44 PM   #6
zooker

actually it is norwien/finnish

zooker
Old 04-23-06, 05:06 PM   #7
JB

pnj,
i thought the kats name was Ðœâ‰õõŠ
Old 04-23-06, 05:43 PM   #8
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

actually he's indian and his name is "man with no fingers"!!!
Old 04-24-06, 07:58 AM   #9
1FASTLASER

What did he say??
Old 04-24-06, 09:21 AM   #10
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

he said "the american pigs" made that fish bite his hand....we get blamed for everything...jeez!
Old 04-24-06, 02:13 PM   #11
flamez

UMMM wtf? i dont believe this had anything to do with swimbaits you god damn false advertiser i was expecting a picture of a big fish u caught -.-
Old 04-24-06, 02:33 PM   #12
JB

flamezUMMM wtf? i dont believe this had anything to do with swimbaits you god damn false advertiser i was expecting a picture of a big fish u caught -.-

Lots of people swear. What's wrong with it?
It depends on why, when and where you are swearing. Swearing can be rude, crude and offensive. It can reflect a bad attitude that hurts your image and your relationships. People might perceive you as an abrasive person who lacks character, maturity, intelligence, manners and emotional control.
Why not sound a bit more refined than everyone else? Besides, maybe everyone swears, but no one swears everywhere. It isn't appropriate in many situations. To avoid slipping or struggling to find a word to replace that foul word you are accustomed to using, break the cussing habit and practice speaking intelligently.
Better to ask, what GOOD does it do? Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it helps you vent anger, but swearing never earns you respect or admiration, enhances your reputation, makes you more pleasant to be with, exhibits your intelligence or vocabulary, or reflects strong character. It doesn't demonstrate respect for others, help you win arguments, set a positive example, get you romantically connected, or help you get hired or promoted.
Is your anger or frustration always justified? Swearing has increased partly because we expect everything to go right in our lives. We aren't coping, we are cussing. Don't let little annoyances and daily aggravations get to you. Instead of taking everything seriously, allow yourself to have greater peace of mind.
....... most people keep using the same old swear words. If your vocabulary is limited or you can't swear creatively, try inflections, as in "I was FURious!"
It is rare for someone to criticize another person for bad language, but that is not a sign of acceptance. People could be passing judgment on you without telling you how they feel.
Old 04-24-06, 03:50 PM   #13
Rodman_Rob

I was wondering what it had to do with swimbaits as well but I think what the original poster is trying to say is if you use swimbaits, you won't catch a dang fish, therefore you won't be cutting up your fingers? Just a guess.
Old 04-24-06, 03:54 PM   #14
flamez

JB it wasnt ment as an insult or to be offensive i was just disappointed in not hearing or seeing a big fish you caught
Old 04-24-06, 07:41 PM   #15
KenDammit

still not much of a need for "..you god damn false advertiser.."

pretty unnecessary and not what this board is about.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 08:22 PM   #16
Deacon

You know what guys with the reponses I got from some of you makes me really NOT want to post anymore. I found this video ALREADY labeled why you should fish swimbaits.....If you have ever had a BIG fish follow your swimbait(which Im not to sure many of you had let alone see a fish that size) You would understand this video.

Flamez if you got a problem with what I posted then why dont you bring it to my attention instead of making yourself look like a jerk.

But as I said I wont share the things I find with you guys here....It was supposed to be in fun. NOWHERE did I say this was going to be a fish I caught!

Thank you Ken and JB....
Old 04-24-06, 08:28 PM   #17
JB

Deacon,
what amazes me is the most realistic job of detail/paintjob that the swim baits all have, I realize its not paint, but sure is the real deal for mimicking a bait fish.
Have you always lived where you're fishing at now/ it would be sweeet!
Old 04-24-06, 08:39 PM   #18
bubba bass bigfoot

wow what type of fish was it lol. and what did it do bite him or something.
bubba bass bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 09:34 PM   #19
bassguy2004

If you guys watched the video at all, you would see the fisherman trying to revive the fish he had caught, and while doing so a muskie or some sort of toothy critter latched on to the fish the fisherman was reviving and the fisherman. So, what Deacon was pointing out was since the swimbaits mimic trout, there is a good chance something in the water (in this case a muskie) larger than the trout, probably a big bass will attack said swimbait. The language the narrarator was speaking was either Finnish or Swedish.
Old 04-24-06, 09:39 PM   #20
JB

I've had many a perch and whitebass cut me simply by getting wiggley
and their razor shape gill plates can cut ya in a heart beat
Old 04-24-06, 09:56 PM   #21
Deacon

See Jerry is a guy who understands me....I have not always lived here. I have lived all over this wonderful country. I have fished all over. It is only in last 2 years or so that I have gotten into throwing swimbaits. I agree that the swimbaits do have a great paint jobs. They do look incredible in the water. I have personally seen HUGE fish go after swimbaits just attack them with a vengence! I havent caught any giants yet but have got them in the 5-6lb range. Jerry when are we gonna get out again!?
Old 04-24-06, 10:11 PM   #22
bassguy2004

When ever possible, and when my wife lets me. lol
Old 04-24-06, 10:57 PM   #23
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguy2004
If you guys watched the video at all, you would see the fisherman trying to revive the fish he had caught, and while doing so a muskie or some sort of toothy critter latched on to the fish the fisherman was reviving and the fisherman. So, what Deacon was pointing out was since the swimbaits mimic trout, there is a good chance something in the water (in this case a muskie) larger than the trout, probably a big bass will attack said swimbait. The language the narrarator was speaking was either Finnish or Swedish.
I'm glad somebody has a better media player and monitor than me, just looked like the fish started flopping around as he was reviving it causing the cut on his hand.
Old 04-25-06, 02:21 PM   #24
CreekGeek22

I knew what you were talking about Deacon. Swimbait=BIG FISH The video was pretty cool, and the head of that thing looked like a muskie to me.
CreekGeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 02:29 PM   #25
flamez

my media player kept buffering it over and over so i gave up i saw him release the fish kinda jerky i thought the fish spines or sharp fins just slit him.anf u call me a jerk? i didnt know everyone here had such soft feelings.Do you know i got abused just about every post i use to make here might be a lil b4 ur time but alot of people (ofcourse these people are cool and all) Bashed the crap out of my posts everytime so much so that i gave up on this forum and stayed away from its bullying for awhile i did not mean any of that to upset you like i said i wish just looking forward to a swimbait post maybe if the language in the video was english i woulda waited and watched it more xD

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.