Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-12, 06:25 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default need help on balancing act folks

ok, as ya'll know my brother has a n 89 pro185 cajun rig. it has an 89 suzuki 150 super six outboard. now we know the jackplate is not correct. BUT we took it out today and i can tell you...it is DANGEROUSLY sitting too low in the rear. jsut floating the fornt is out of the water. and the rear is almost UNDER water.

it has a 23-m 3 blade ss prop. mississippiboy is gonna post the pics in a few minutes for me.

the jack plate is a 10 inch manuel one. we know it is NOT set properly. so read on before oyu ask questions.

now on take off, the bow goes SKY HIGH and would flip if there was any hard wind in your face. and when oyu let off...it FLOODS the rear in a tidal wave. i know, we tried it out today.

so we know the jack plate and motor is not set correctly. BUT we need ot know how to BALANCE this rig. keep it from going sky high on take off and stop the flood when stopping. and getting the rig to float LEVEL.

is the angle of the jackplate too far out? is the jackplate too big? the rig is rated for a 185 hp motor. so the motor is not over the power rating. could the way the motor is set up wrong to begin with? we are dumbfounded at this. i mean it litterly is out of the water up front. nothing has been messed with as far as the rig being opened up or anything.

thanks gang. i hope we can get this figured out soon. it's driving my brother CRAZY. so that means he is driving ME crazy. lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.