Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-14-11, 02:41 PM   #1
ejvesper
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Late fall help

Hey guys...i was wondering if I could get a little input from you all on what types of baits, presentation, and techniques you use on late fall fishing in the northeast...say Boston north. Water temp low 40's...usually clear...i was fishing with a friend, who took me to school , the other day he caught 14 and I caught zero... at first I was using different baits...then he felt bad and gave me the same baits the was using, spinner and Hedon Sonar..still nothing...I know I was using the same presentation he was..I'm just hoping to get a little feed back from you. By the way... this took place from 7:15 AM to 3:00...non stop!
Old 11-14-11, 06:42 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

KVD has an interesting take on this. In one of his books he talks about two guys both fishing the same lures, one catching fish the other, not so much. In a nutshell he says that it probably comes down to two things. 1.) What type line are you using, mono, FC, braid. What pound test?. The other thing he mentions is the reel, what gear ratio/IPT are you using compared to the guy catching fish. These two things may seem small, but when added together can make the difference between catching fish and not.

Take crankbaits for instance, one thrown on 5.1:1 reel with 21 IPT and FC line, is going to behave much differently than the same crankbait thrown on mono and high speed 7.1:1 reel with 30 IPT. The difference is in the details.

Last edited by Tavery5; 11-14-11 at 06:45 PM. Reason: addition
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 06:57 PM   #3
ejvesper
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the input Tavery5...and yes I completly agree..it is in the details...I was using 12 to 15 lb floro and so was he...we both had four rod and reel set ups....both very similar..I'm thinking the detail may have just been his presentation...maybe i was a little fast...or too slow...it was just weird....I've been fisihing awhile and never had a day like that...anyway thanks again I appreciate the advise...if anybody else wants to chime in on bait types, presentation or anything else on late fall fishing that you think would help..i would welcome your comments....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.