Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-11, 04:42 AM   #1
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

Question Advice on Tracker boats

Hello I am new to this fourm, let me introduce myself. I am 39 and a disabled vet from the first gulf war. I am looking into getting my first boat. I plan on buying one after the first of the year and I am pretty much set on getting a new boat or possaiably a 2 - 3 year old used boat but only if it would make a really fantastic deal. I am also pretty much set on buying the boat from a dealership. This way I have somewhere to take it for repairs and maintance.

I have been looking on the web for awhile now reading reviews and looking at diffrent brands. I have also just started to go out to the local boat dealers and see the boats up close. So far I am seriously looking at the Tracker line of boats specificly the Tracker Pro Team 175 TF and the Pro Guide V-16 WT.

I live in Kentucky and am within 25 min's from 2 lakes and about an hour from the Ohio river. There are several lakes all around me and I love to fish ( bout all I can do any more ).

I would really appericate any and all experiances coments and recomendations that you all might have had reguarding Tracker boats.

I would really like to hear from all of you that actually have these boats and hear all of your pros and cons about them.

I would also like to hear about about any recomendations about any and all necessary items that I will need for outfitting the boat also I would like to know about any really cool unnecessary items that I could add to my new boat.

I thank you in advance for your comments!
Fraze5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 06:16 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

the ONLY thing about a tracker boat is the fact taht it is a RIVET boat. over time these leak. other than that, they are good rigs. if oyu are dead set one an aliminum boat, check out the welded rigs out there.
Old 08-09-11, 06:41 PM   #3
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hi FRAZE and welcome.

I own the 175txw and really like it. Here are a few points. 1) I reccomend getting at least the 60hp, 2) the troller that came with mine is a 46lb Motor Guide. It does pretty well but should you be fishing on windy lakes you might consider upgrading and 3) deep v's are going to do better when there is a noticable chop (both while fishing and up on plane).

Last, mine is an all-weld boat - no rivets that I know of. I'm not sure what the other models are.

Any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 08-09-11, 07:02 PM   #4
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

I am looking at welded alunimum boats, well atleast the models I am looking at are welded I wont buy a boat that is riveted only. One good rerason I want a alunium welded boat is because I am a welder and it would be easy for me to make my own repairs after the warranty runs out.

I am just looking for advice on diffrent brands and the models they offer. Also all the recomendations I can get on boat set up as this will be my first boat and I am not sure what is best or what I really need.
Old 08-09-11, 07:07 PM   #5
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

I could also use a lot of advice on motors. Which is better 4 stroke or 2 stroke?

And does anyone here do any fishing on big rivers like the Ohio? I am about an hour away from it here in Kentucky and I would love to get on it and try for some of those monser catfish! Any advice on that would be great.
Old 08-09-11, 09:59 PM   #6
keithdog

I'm not an expert on boat by any means, but I have also heard many good comments about the Lowe aluminum bass boats. You can check them out on line as well. I know Cabelas sells them. Just a thought. I really like what I see in Tracker Boats too.
Old 08-09-11, 10:37 PM   #7
bamabassman

if the TRACKER boats are welded, then i am sorry. i was missled into thinking they were still riveted rigs.

carry on then, lol.

as for either a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. form what i have heard.......4 stroke are good if oyu do a lot of trolling. otherwise a 2 stroke is good enough. look up nofearengineer, he can give oyu the skinny of these motors.
Old 08-09-11, 10:44 PM   #8
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

'Bama, open up a word document and type you 1000 times.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 10:54 PM   #9
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
That's the funniest thing I've heard or read all week long.....
Old 08-10-11, 03:47 AM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

First off, I would like to say thanks for your service to our country.

Second, I am not a boat expert. But I have fished from a 175 and it was pretty comfortable with 2 people, 3 would be pushing it bass fishing for my comfort, but tight lining for cats, no problem. All I can really recommend is to start houding craigslist.org and ebay.com for what you are looking for. You might even find something at bassboatcentral.com or boattrader.com that you are looking for in your price range. That is where I am hanging out at most of these days for the quest of one for myself. Good luck in finding you one though.
Old 08-10-11, 07:33 AM   #11
lilmule

He wants a dealer boat thats been gone over,not a craigslist wishlist.
Some dealers will give either active military or disabled a real deal check around and get one at cost or close.Look nearby in Lexington,one dealer was doing this,dont recall the name.Your DMV org may even have a list.
Dealers near bases often develop a relationship like c and o marine with fort cambell,nearby.
And yes thank you for your service.

Last edited by lilmule; 08-10-11 at 07:48 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 12:19 PM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Yeah, but some dealers will poke you without lube too. Ask C-Rig. Get references from a dealer if you do choose one. That way you can check on their customer satisfaction on used boats.
Old 08-10-11, 12:44 PM   #13
MO_CPA

^^^^^^^^^ HILARIOUS

I wish there was a like button so I could give Bubba the big thumbs up. So true, I've left a dealership so confused I didn't know if I was coming or going.
Old 08-10-11, 12:47 PM   #14
william
BassFishin.Com Member

Default I'm also buying

I have been looking at the pro guide 175tf's also, good boat from what I have seen and read and I've read a lot. I finally decided on the deep v pro guide v 175sc, w/60hp. It is wide and stable and I like the enclosed comfort and I can take more people. You might like the stability. Both boats are good, they are both welded. I do bass fish some coves but love to troll for trout and fish the big stripers. get the 60hp at least from what i've read also. This a good forum for info. It has been very helpful
william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 01:41 PM   #15
Mumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Thank you!
I mean I'm not a huge activist on spelling and all but damn. When you type instead of you the reply box kind of tells you there's an Error.
Old 08-10-11, 05:02 PM   #16
Tavery5

ondt oyu indf ti rstagne hatt on tterma owh oyu llpes ignths oury naibr ilwl ltisl ropssec ti.
Old 08-10-11, 05:07 PM   #17
MO_CPA

^^^^^^^^ Just read this and then popped two Tylenol.
Old 08-10-11, 06:12 PM   #18
Bassman96
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavery5 View Post
ondt oyu indf ti rstagne hatt on tterma owh oyu llpes ignths oury naibr ilwl ltisl ropssec ti.
bahahahahahahaha:d
Old 08-10-11, 06:29 PM   #19
nobass

i have a 98 lowes bass boat and am very please with it, i know lilmule and c and o marine is the exception rather than the rule. i am retired military and found most any dealership around miltary base are not repeat not the best place to buy anything. they know you will not be repeat customers, there sell volume is high and could give a rats flip about customer service. my boat is a 180 i have a 75hp e tech dose 41 with me in boat and all my gear. has a 55 hp trolllng motor dose real well. i would look into g3,. lowes before i buy anything. and yes i would go through a dealer instead of e bay or bass boat centeral. you can always go to back dealer for service and warranty, buying on line there is no service after the sale just my 2 cents
Old 08-10-11, 06:33 PM   #20
bamabassman

oyu,oyu,oyu,oyu..........ifn ya can't understand what i am saying, hit the iggy button. i ain't got time to peck,peck,peck. i type the way i type and that's it. i spell JUST, jsut. so get over it!
Old 08-10-11, 07:07 PM   #21
nobass

mumphy you have been on this board since jun 2010 with 92 post. bama has been here since 2008 with 11.548 pos. everyone on this site knows it kind of his trade mark to spell you oyu. i really feel you where out of place with your comment. if this was a prefect word with prefect people ok but i can not remember one time kevin has said anything to john o n how he spells oyu. you do not know john , me or anyone eles well enough to critize or poke fun at anyone. you got to earn that right like john has. he is ther first one to make fun of himself.

Last edited by nobass; 08-10-11 at 07:19 PM.
nobass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 07:16 PM   #22
nofearengineer

I can only comment on the one Tracker I have owned. It is made from aluminum, but it wouldn't be right to call it a "tin" boat.

The Tracker Avalanche might be what you want. It has been discontinued, but there are still a few sitting at dealers around the country. It all depends on your wheeling and dealing abilities.

I know you kind of want to stay with a dealer, but there are some really good deals on Craigslist. If I were you, I would go check out these boats. Schedule an appointment with a local marine in the area for an inspection. They can hook the engine up to a computer and it will tell you exactly how many hours the engine has been run. That's really what you're getting from a dealer anyway, other than a warranty.

Both of these look good to me, and the price is RIGHT.

http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/boa/2497047128.html
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/2516678163.html

Yes, they are all aluminum.
Old 08-10-11, 07:51 PM   #23
bassboogieman

I know you're drooling over the 175 HP, NFE

The Tracker's are about as good as any other alum. boat IF you get it rigged properly, which will increase your investment. Tacker is notorious for base rigging their boats to keep the advertised price low and get "oyu" in the door.
Certainly not everyone requires the same thing in their boats, but I know several that "wish they had gotten a bigger outboard" or a "bigger trolling motor" and certainly "upgraded the electronics", and not just with Trackers.
But, Tracker often puts the minimum HP outboard, a 12v low thrust trolling motor, and base line electronics on thier boats, especially the alum. boats.
That MAY work for you, where it would not for someone else. Do your homework, and test drive any boat you may be considering. Find out if a particular boat will meet your needs - before you sign on the dotted line.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 07:56 PM   #24
MO_CPA

X2 on bassboogieman's comment. Tracker tries to grab your attention with the low asking price. Make sure you are happy with your troller and outboard before signing up.
Old 08-10-11, 08:31 PM   #25
LeBron_Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
mumphy you have been on this board since jun 2010 with 92 post. bama has been here since 2008 with 11.548 pos. everyone on this site knows it kind of his trade mark to spell you oyu. i really feel you where out of place with your comment. if this was a prefect word with prefect people ok but i can not remember one time kevin has said anything to john o n how he spells oyu. you do not know john , me or anyone eles well enough to critize or poke fun at anyone. you got to earn that right like john has. he is ther first one to make fun of himself.
i might be mistaken but i think he was just joking...dont think even bama took it as seriously as you did...im sure it was all in good fun
LeBron_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.