Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-12-08, 01:57 PM   #1
Bmuskin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Question Pre tied leaders

Ok I never use a leader. I used to fish for anything that was biting back in West Virginia and after catching several bass the last couple of years and learning to use a baitcaster and other skills I am hooked....errr addicted!
I want to start using leaders. Does anyone know if you can order pretied leaders. I usually use a terminal snap and mostly fish plastics in stained ponds and small lakes. Knots are not my specialty between fat fingers and over 40 eyesight I stick with a Palomar or clinch knot. I am thinking I can use my snap and hook a leader to it and switch baits by cutting and retieing or having pre rigged outfits set up and just switch them out. Will this work?
I use braided line on everything now. Power pro on baitcasters and Fireline on spinning.
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 02:16 PM   #2
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

BPS sells some and I have even seen a few at walley world. I think the biggest problem you would have would be the how it would affect yoru casting. Any swivel attached leader would not be able to go through your guidlines so you would have to keep the leader out all the way.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults
Old 08-12-08, 02:34 PM   #3
Bmuskin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

true I was thinking about 20 inches at most. I guess that would not do a whole lot. Sounds Naive but I really never used leaders nor did anyone else I fished with.
Suggestions?
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 04:01 PM   #4
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would be a little worried that a leader that short would act more like a light carolina rig. Might affect the action on your bait.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.