Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 11-15-11, 07:13 PM   #1
hdmoorefootball
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Boat Cover preference

Besides the factory cover for my boat, which I know is the best one. Do any of yall have a preference/or have dealt with good or bad covers in the past. Need some help trying to decide on which one I should invest in.
hdmoorefootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 08:23 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Are you looking at a cover for storage or for traveling? For towing covered, nothing comes close to a cover specifically made for your boat. Cover during storage, I've used a Cabela's cover over winter and it's ok, but it would not be good for trailering.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 09:37 PM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ive used several never have found one suitable to tow,and some lacking just for keeping water snow out.best I ever found is called a garage.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 08:52 AM   #4
syd
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have never had one that lasted more than 3 years. If it is outside it will eventually tear somewhere. Once that happens it is just a matter of time.
The ones i am talking about are the 50-75 dollar range. I would love to find one similar to the ones on ranger boats but they are very pricy.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 10:52 AM   #5
Ranger Guy
BassFishin.Com Member

Go Here

Pick out your boat, I thought I remember you having a 481V but was unsure. Get your model then pick out the material. Sunbrella is the best material you can purchase but cover colors are limited on some models. This is what most all bimini tops on ski boats and canvas on larger boats are made out of.

I actually got the "Performance Aqua Shield" cover about 1 1/2 years ago. It is a very nice durable cover and worth the money. I spent around 250 instead spending 1000 on a factory cover. These covers fit very well. They have an outboard cover sewn in and easily fit over your trolling motor. I can install it with my pedestal seats installed: butt seat at the bow & fold down at the stern. The cover has a 5 year warranty. I have had no issues, tears or problems out of mine. I do pull my Humminbirds off and leave the brackets and it does not wear or tear in those areas. Its reinforced in all the seams.

I can not give any info on outside storage but with the warranty and the type of material you won't have to replace in a year or 2 like cheap covers. You get what you pay for. I keep my boat in a garage and only use the cover for dust protection. Its overkill for that but you know.....its my baby!
Old 11-16-11, 03:47 PM   #6
hdmoorefootball
BassFishin.Com Member

Ranger guy, yea I have a 481v, thanks for the link. Knowing my boat is sitting out uncovered is killing me! Very stressful lol
hdmoorefootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 03:55 PM   #7
Ranger Guy
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmoorefootball View Post
Knowing my boat is sitting out uncovered is killing me!
Personally I think you should have your fishing license revoked for 6 months and be heavily flogged for leaving your bass boat outside uncovered! How Dare you. She is sacred.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.