Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-19-06, 06:57 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Another Little Secret

Just got through ordering another years supply of pork. Thought I would share this little secret with ya'll. Super Pork is FAR superior to Uncle josh. Removes from the hook easily holds scent much longer,is available in MANY more colors and the best of all............The longer you fish the pork the better action it has. I have outfished people 2-1 using super pork while they where using uncle joch or plastic trailers due to the action the super pork has. It seems to beathe in the water at rest.
Old 02-19-06, 09:08 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i recently have been tryin the 3x strike king trailers they move a ton more than zoom trailers have less of the stickyness of the first 3x baits. i dislike pork for the simple reason it dries out..

zooker
Old 02-20-06, 08:12 AM   #3
1FASTLASER

May have to try them again zook. The first 2x baits I tried I gave to my kids to do whatever they wanted to do with. That sticky crap drove me nuts.
Old 02-20-06, 04:50 PM   #4
pig n jig

Laser, When using pork trailers, I wash the chunks I am going to fish the next day under warm tap water in the sink, even scrub them with a brush to remove as much salt and brine solution as I can.then I soak them in a tub of water over night.In doing this , they have alot more action than they do right out of the jar, I apply Bang craw scent while fishing them,and in removing the salt solution, your jig hooks don't rust as bad as they normally would. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-06, 06:11 PM   #5
JB

pnj,
I am sure you've heard , or seen , or tried the method on pork of making slits in the body, of trimming the top 1/2 off to make it more active on the hook, if not try it...my biggest gripe with pork is removing it from the hook..I usually make the slit a tad bigger, and who the heck wants to carry those wet billfolds for pork around? rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-06, 06:13 PM   #6
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
pnj,
I am sure you've heard , or seen , or tried the method on pork of making slits in the body, of trimming the top 1/2 off to make it more active on the hook, if not try it...my biggest gripe with pork is removing it from the hook..I usually make the slit a tad bigger, and who the heck wants to carry those wet billfolds for pork around? rofl

Does anyone have a great trick for removing the pork from the hook? It has to be easier than what I am making it!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-06, 06:25 PM   #7
pig n jig

JB, I am really liking that avatar of yours.I insert a glass rattle sometimes.Once you rinse them out good,, they become soft and have alot of action to them.Take a straw and push it on the hook past the barb and pull the trailer off. I use to save them, but now I just cut them off and discard them after the fishing trip is over.I thought maybe they would spoil and ruin the rest of the baits after I washed the salt out of it and fished all day with it.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-06, 08:52 PM   #8
fishn'fool
BassFishin.Com Member

The only problem I have with port trailers is it's hard to get if off of the hook because the barb catches it? Any solutions to this?
Old 02-20-06, 09:03 PM   #9
bass kicker

thanks for the heads up i have never tried pork befor so i might have to give it a try
Old 02-20-06, 09:23 PM   #10
abugarcia6
BassFishin.Com Active Member

ive never tried that pork crap but ive used Gulp! and its the same way with drying out and i never caught anything lol
Old 02-21-06, 07:07 AM   #11
1FASTLASER

PNJ

LMAO I just hope and have wondered "Is JB's avatar a female clown???????" Yea buddy the tricks with pork are worth the time and effort to me. Besides when I do use pork the drying out isnt really a factor. Mainly use pork up to the spawn and sometime short after switch over to plastics when the bass are wanting a really big jig which is easier to duplicate with plastics.
Old 02-21-06, 07:54 AM   #12
JB

Attachment 142ya its a chick clown
they make a tool to punch the hole bigger, kinda like a crochet needle
the clown is a photoshop contest, its Jessica Biel... As a clown... One that got caught... 'nuff said.

Last edited by JB; 02-28-06 at 08:16 PM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-06, 10:20 AM   #13
Jackl

Default JackL

EVERETTVET/FISH'NFOOL,
The easiest method I have found for removing pork from the hook is to turn it around with the legs pointing towards the eye of the hook. The pork will slide right off.

JackL
Old 02-21-06, 10:26 AM   #14
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackl
EVERETTVET/FISH'NFOOL,
The easiest method I have found for removing pork from the hook is to turn it around with the legs pointing towards the eye of the hook. The pork will slide right off.

JackL

Thanks for the info!!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.