Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-12-04, 11:39 AM   #1
crankbait23
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to crankbait23
Default night fishing

Went night fishing the other night and knew the fish were there and biting. But i couldnt get them to hit any of my lures i was using spinner bait, buzz bait, senko, and top water lizard. Is this right or did i use the wrong things for night i use there luren in the day and normally catch at least 2 fish an outing.
crankbait23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 12:32 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: night fishing

All of those will work, I'm guessing it was the presentation. Either slow it down, or speed it up. Also use darker colors if you weren't

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 12:41 PM   #3
crankbait23
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to crankbait23

I was i guess im just not very good with a spinner bait or a buzz bait
crankbait23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 08:29 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=cilem link=board=news;num=1092321577;start=0#2 date=08/12/04 at 11:41:34]I was i guess im just not very good with a spinner bait or a buzz bait[/quote]

Keep praticing, and throwing them, you'll catch fish

Lizards
Old 08-12-04, 08:36 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Try a spinnerbait with a single Colorado blade. Strike King makes a bait called a Midnight Special that has both a single blade and rattles that work real well, but the single blade is my choice. It puts out more vibration than a tandem or double willow combo and makes it easier for the fish to find usint it's other senses like the lateral line. It is also my choice to use in muddy water-after a big rqin the water around here looks like chocolate milk, and the single blade does the job.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 09:22 PM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=news;num=1092321577;start=0#4 date=08/12/04 at 19:36:33]Try a spinnerbait with a single Colorado blade. Strike King makes a bait called a Midnight Special that has both a single blade and rattles that work real well, but the single blade is my choice. It puts out more vibration than a tandem or double willow combo and makes it easier for the fish to find usint it's other senses like the lateral line. It is also my choice to use in muddy water-after a big rqin the water around here looks like chocolate milk, and the single blade does the job.[/quote]

Good choice master

cilem, I didn't want to get to technical here, and the baits you're using will work, but a Jitterbug worked slowly or even stopped until the ripples go away completely works great sometimes. A Hula popper also works well. Usually if a buzzbait isn't drawing any strikes, it could be because it's too fast for the fish that night. Also make sure you are using dark colors, I paint some poppers and jitterbugs, completely flat black for the techniques I just described. Go get em tiger.

Lizards
Old 08-12-04, 09:47 PM   #7
Clayton_Cleve
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Clayton_Cleve

I have another suggestion, cilem. Are you sure it was bass activity you were hearing? Maybe panfish or catfish.
Clayton_Cleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 10:48 PM   #8
bassguy2004

When you get the presentation down you'll catch fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.