Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 11-24-04, 12:21 AM   #1
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.
Default what am I doing wrong?

Found some lakes here here in Ft Gordon GA, not catching anything! (except my first jackfish). even my go to lure (Bandit) getting nothing. These are strange lakes, all man made and they feed each other. so no shad. I figure bass are eating bream and maybe crawfish. I lost my Eakins jig-craw on a good strike , dam line snapped. no more braid for me. Ive used a white buzzbait, white spinnerbait(thats what caught the jackfish) Pumkinseed T-rig, Rebel crawfish, and a LIZZARD,lol. nothing. any suggestions? its been overcast, water lightly stained, temp Im guessing still in lower 60's.
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 01:20 AM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: what am I doing wrong?

You might try a Rat-L-trap, but my suggestion would be a fluke like a Zoom Super Fluke in Smokin' shad or watermelon red, or a senko-type bait rigged weedless and weightless. If you are not familiar with these baits post back and I'll post a picture of them.

Regarding your braid breaking, what pound test are you using? I'll take a wild guess and say 30. The reason I say that is I have heard quite a few folks have that problem with 30 lb. If that is the case, before you chunk braid completely try 50 lb. I use 50 lb Powerpro braid on my worm, jig, Carolina and flipping rods and have never had a problem.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 12:38 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Reb gave some good advice as usual, and also I'd like to ask if mono has ever broken on you ???. Get good braid, and it won't as long as you keep you eye on it and change the last 10 feet every so often, when wear appears. I think this time of year, the PNJ is hard to beat.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 07:51 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

had braided break once, and it was my fault, I left a knot in the line and fished with it. Â*As far as no fish goes, a lot of people aren't doing too welll right now cause of the fall turnover, fish are sattered. Â*What reb said, try superflukes and rat-l-traps, and as the ater cools, start to fish with a slower presentation in creek channels if you can find any. Â*I'll just go ahead and post some pics: Â*

Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 09:47 PM   #5
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15

What is "sattered?" I figured out everything else.
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 10:01 PM   #6
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

scattered, my fault
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.