Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 04-17-07, 10:29 PM   #1
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples
Default Worm Molds

Trimming down the number of molds I have, don't know how many of you guys pour worms, but here goes!

The shipping will be $4.50 for one mold, or as many as I can get in a flat rate envelope, probably two, for the same. More than that, will be $1 per mold extra, all shipped Priority mail with delivery confirmation. Paypal, and i'll ship the next day, or the same day if I have time, check/mo ship after I clear the check! All prices are each. Thanks for looking!

(1) Bob's Slither Mold - 6" $30
(2) Bob's Slither Mold - 5" $30
(2) Bob's Slither Mold - 4" $30
(2) Bob's Crawg Mold - $20
(2) LC Trailer 062 2 1/2" - $5
(2) LC Curly Worm 740 6" - $5
(1) MF Spinnerbait Trailer - $5

Can take pics if you want.
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 10:03 AM   #2
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

If you get the time, go ahead and post a few pics; I wouldn't mind taking a look at them, and who knows, I might just make you an offer. The last thing I need now is a new hobby, but I wouldn't mind catching a bass on a worm I made myself.....
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 11:04 AM   #3
dampeoples

I can't be responsible for you taking on a new addiction, because once you catch a few on some baits you made, you'll not be able to stop! But...here goes!

The aluminum molds came from Bob's, who to me has the best prices on Al molds period. You can also get Al molds from Del-Mart, but his prices are higher, and in my opinion, his designs are not as nice. Lurecraft is where the silicone, or blue molds come from. The differenec is that Aluminum molds are not gonna wear out. Silicone molds will, especially if you salt the baits, but it's gonna take a ton of pours, so it's a cost effective way to obtain molds. Another tradeoff is that the silicone molds are not going to be able to give you as much detail as the aluminum molds. It really depends on the bait, too.

As far as supplies, Lurecraft offers a starter kit for around $30 that will allow you to pour around 100 worms, it has a quart of liquid plastic, in two different styles, three colors and a starter mold, which has about six designs in it, as well as some pouring cups. Del-Mart offers the same thing, for more money, but they are offering aluminum molds, and I think more plastic and color choices. The Del-mart colors semm to be more watered down, taking more colorant than the Lurecraft colors, so I've switched all my colors to Lurecraft. M-F also makes colorant, plastic and molds, their colorant is killer.

All plastic isn't created equal either, I prefer Lurecraft soft, have tried Calhoun (from Del-Mart), Ozark and choose to stick with Lurecraft, the others don't take heat as well, and stink more. I'm no scientist, but I think they use more filler.

Either way, if you do decide to get some supplies and go forward, I'll help you any way I can, swap color recipies, etc if you need it. Take a look at tackleunderground.com too, more info over there than youcan shake a stick at

Oh, the molds
Old 04-19-07, 09:47 AM   #4
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Well, I'll tell you what, let's wait a few days, and see if anyone else is interested and buys them, but if you have any of them left, say after the weekend, I'll make you an offer. I'm sure I could find a few minutes here and there somewhere to try my hand at pouring a few. I'd make you an offer now, but I just spent over a grand on two new tropical fish tanks.

Thanks for your time in putting together the information above and your offer to help out with getting me started. I appreciate that very much.

BET
slaforce@slaforce.com
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 09:54 AM   #5
dampeoples

That's cool, good luck with those fish tanks! I used to keep some fish, but that was years and years ago, now I just visit them at the lake
Old 04-24-07, 03:53 PM   #6
dampeoples

Sold the remaining Silicone molds, the rest are Aluminum, and all from bob's tackle shack.

Updated List:

(1) Bob's Slither Mold - 6" $30
(2) Bob's Slither Mold - 5" $30
(2) Bob's Slither Mold - 4" $30
(2) Bob's Crawg Mold - $20

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.