Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 12-05-06, 12:07 PM   #1
mymomisbecky
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default What do YOU the fisherman want?

Good morning fishermen and women. I havent been posting much recently, as ive been busy as heck with side projects etc, but now im getting in to the winter groove.
I am planning on introducing some new products next year. I pour for the fun of it, the hobby, money has always clearly been down the list of "whys". With that said, I want to know what YOU guys want as far as lures and soft plastics. Right now you can visit my product page via http://www.mymomisbecky.com and the soft plastics section. The water rockers (chatters) are in another section.
If there is something you dont see there, that has really produced for you in the past and you would like to see me find it, make it, mold it and sell it, please let me know.

Clearly, I know what works for me (grandad's noodle every time out), but everyone has their own confidence baits. What works for you guys? I want to pour what you folks want. So please, help me out. What do you want to see next year in the mmib lineup.

Ryan of mmib
http://www.mymomisbecky.com
mymomisbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-06, 12:51 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

there is one thing that i didnt see on your website and that is a paca craw. those have been reall working right now and it would be cool if you could make a mold of them.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-06, 01:45 PM   #3
mymomisbecky

that does seem to be a popular bait. i may work on making a mold, as none of the folks I buy from have em made yet.
thanks
Old 12-05-06, 02:14 PM   #4
skeeter944

no problem.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-06, 03:16 PM   #5
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

You could make some grubs.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-06, 03:31 PM   #6
mymomisbecky

Funny thing about the grubs. I have a 3 inch kalins type grub mold. very expensive as it were. Its just REALLY hard to pour. I mean awful. Thats the only thing stopping me from making them. I may revisit pouring them again, as I use a lot myself
Old 12-05-06, 04:48 PM   #7
bassbooger

I want something that is GUARANTEED to catch fish no matter when or where I am fishing just like the ones on them thar TV commercials.
Old 12-05-06, 05:15 PM   #8
mymomisbecky

funny you say that booger, because my grandad's noodle for ME is that bait. I can honestly say since ive been fishing this worm (16 years) Ive never once been skunked on a day I threw it. Thats the gods honest truth. The size isnt always there, I leave that to the jig n pig, and t-rigged plastics, but ive never not caught a fish on a day I threw that worm. Hence me using it almost every time out. It also just so happened I lacked skill at other things, until I forced myself to live with out it (didnt pack any) and fish with jigs, etc for days.

Another way to put it. in 2005 I went through about 250 of em. (average about 3-5 bass per), Last year, I cant count how many because I just made 5-10 at a time for each trip, but It was more than 2005.

Thats not a sales pitch, just a funny story relating to your post
Old 12-05-06, 10:06 PM   #9
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I want the Bait I sent you to be made, so I can try them out If not, then I have what I need

Lizards
Old 12-06-06, 10:02 AM   #10
mymomisbecky

lizard, is that the green pumpkin with orange tail6 inch ribbed thing (i wont name the name). If so, I have tried multiple times to get a good working mold of that sucker, and just cant make it work right. My PMs got deleted ( i think my own doing) so I lost some contact info. My apologies for that.
If you want the few I didnt use back, please pm your address ill ship them back. If you REALLY want them made, I can send em off to be professionally molded, but it is 100 min, 300 most likely, for good quality
Old 12-07-06, 05:31 PM   #11
mymomisbecky

so, does anyone fish with waterdogs? or waterdog type plastics?
i hear they are extremely popular in certain parts of the country.
here is a pic
Old 12-07-06, 08:15 PM   #12
Wishing2BFishing

I want flukes. Not just any fluke, but a heavily salted fluke similar to the Case baits but with a straight tail. Also, it would be cool to try a fluke with a long twisty tail (I never saw one. Perhaps the long tail would inhibit the action). Anyway, these are my thoughts.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 08:26 PM   #13
JB

Finding waterdogs for sale in the spring or early summer at bait shops was common here in the 80's. I have seen them used but not sure how the results were for my buddies, although we had all heard of how bass inhale them on sight...I think the plastic lizards took over the market 20 years ago, plus a water dog up here cost about 4.75, plus they move around so you have to get used to watching your line move about, and lifting your rod to feel for the weight of the bass..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-06, 01:49 AM   #14
Rodman_Rob

I've been wanting a fluke with the speed tail thats found on the zoom ultrvibe craw, zoom horny toad, zoom ultravibe worm, you get the idea. Makes a versatile bait that would be good for topwater and have a nice sub-surface action as a jerkbait.
Old 12-08-06, 09:51 AM   #15
mymomisbecky

i think ill head out this weekend and buy a few bags of baits, and work on some hybrid stuff, i may take a look at your suggestion.
so you want a zoom super fluke with a paddle type tail?
Old 12-09-06, 12:29 AM   #16
CoreyMac
BassFishin.Com Member

Trust MMIB. Great baits there! Great service!
CoreyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 02:57 AM   #17
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymomisbecky View Post
i think ill head out this weekend and buy a few bags of baits, and work on some hybrid stuff, i may take a look at your suggestion.
so you want a zoom super fluke with a paddle type tail?
pretty much any of the zoom ultravibe speed tails. reaction innovations makes one called the trixie shad.
Old 12-09-06, 07:13 AM   #18
jrward
BassFishin.Com Member

5in. slug-go, salted, smoke/glitter and black back
jrward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 01:22 PM   #19
mymomisbecky

those slugo's are hard to find, thats for sure. I have a 4 inch one im using right now, that comes out great. i usually dont salt them much, just enough to get them to slowly fall, i dont like the sinking action. but of course anything I do, you can custom order with salt, no salt etc.
Im going to go out to the store today and grab some baits, and hit the shop and make some molds. Ill post the results thanks for the suggetions so far guys. Keep them coming.
Old 12-09-06, 06:56 PM   #20
mymomisbecky

well, i couldnt find the slugos, but i did pick up a package of zoom toads, and some flukes, and have been toying with them most of the day. made a few molds. they are curing right now. should be ready to pour sometime tomorrow. once they are done ill post a picture of the final bait.
Old 12-09-06, 08:06 PM   #21
Vabass22

How about a fluke body type with a swimbait tail? Or just a regular fluke. Other things Id like to see: regular fluke, pacas, what rob mentioned, maybe a slimmer straight worm(like a Z-Nail)
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 09:19 PM   #22
ROBZILLA

Add Smoke Color Selection! With Silver Flake, Add A Gub Curly Tail To The Beavers Or Split The Taill And Make It Longer. Add A Skirt To The Brush Baby. Make An Creature Bait Like Yamamoto. Is That Enough Or You Want More?
Old 12-09-06, 09:20 PM   #23
ROBZILLA

Try Doing A Mouse Top Water Bait.
Old 12-09-06, 09:41 PM   #24
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymomisbecky View Post
lizard, is that the green pumpkin with orange tail6 inch ribbed thing (i wont name the name). If so, I have tried multiple times to get a good working mold of that sucker, and just cant make it work right. My PMs got deleted ( i think my own doing) so I lost some contact info. My apologies for that.
If you want the few I didnt use back, please pm your address ill ship them back. If you REALLY want them made, I can send em off to be professionally molded, but it is 100 min, 300 most likely, for good quality
Yes those are the baits. Shoot me a price on 300 of them. But I want them to be the same, no smaller tails, no less ridges. I've tried all of the knockoffs, and look alikes, none of them are as good IMO. I also want them in all greenpumpkin, no orange tail.

Lizards
Old 12-09-06, 10:02 PM   #25
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
Trust MMIB. Great baits there! Great service!
Yeah man, Ryan is a good guy to work with, and I don't know about most folks, but service goes a long way with me
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.