Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-06, 09:02 PM   #1
Fishing4Soup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Looking into a baitcasting combo, need help

I just started fishing this year so i started out with my dad's old spin outfit and got a new one. I've been casting spinner baits that snap right off the line and i lost a lucky craft sammy working it with the spinning rod. I think i need to go to baitcasting for my heavier stuff. I fish a pond so nothings a really big lure so i dont need a really strong combo, one that's pretty good all-around.
Also, does it take a long time to get used to a baitcasting reel?
What combo do you think would be good for me and what line should i spool it with? I'll be fishing in ponds with the smaller versions of baits and will be using alot of cranks. The price range can be anywhere from 0-150 and i would like to buy it from either bass pro shops, gander mountain or cabelas. Thanks!
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.