Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-31-05, 03:00 PM   #1

Default Weed fishin

I'm new to bass fishin and have been on a couple sites. One site mentioned fishing in the weeds along the shoreline. How do you so that without getting hooked on? I'll be doing some bass fishing the end of July and want to know all that I can learn to finally catch that big fish. Thanks to you guys I found that bassresource site. Lots of info that I need. Any other information that you guys could give me would be appreciated. Thanks. :-*
Old 05-31-05, 03:07 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Weed fishin

what are you fishing? if it is a soft plastic, then texas rig it. (your cue reb) reb can show you a picture. if its a crankbait theres not much you can do, other then take the front hook off. and reel it fast. but if your not getting hung up every now and then, you arnt fishing where the fish are on spinnerbaits, the its not much of a problem, just pull it thru. and jigs, they have a weed gaurd, so they do fine most times. good luck.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 03:15 PM   #3

Actually I do not know what I'm fighing with. I don't get to fish very often due to lack of places. I'm tired of catching little sunfish and perch. In july we are going to lake eufala in OK and I want to do all the right fishing I can. If you guys could even give me some tips on what to fish with. Thanks. :-*
Old 05-31-05, 04:53 PM   #4
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

join the forum trish!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 06:04 PM   #5
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Ahhhhem! Reb , still waiting on the pic.

flippin4it
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 08:06 PM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Give me a minute, guys-just got home from work ;D!

Trish, what these guys are referring to is a soft plastic bait that is fished both weightless and weedless. Â*The most popular ones are probably a minnow bait like a Zoom Super Fluke:

of a soft stickbait like Â*a Senko or my favorite, a Tiki Stick:

Weightless speaks for itself. Â*Rigging it weedless involves a 2/0 or 3/0 size offset shank worm hook inserted into the bait:

Except I keep the point of the hook buried in the plastic rather than exposed like it shows in the picture.

To fish them, cast it out and work it with gentle twitches of the rod tip. Â*Keep an eye on your line-often you will not feel a hit with this type bait. Â*Your line will start to tighten up or start moving off to the side. Â*If that happens, set the hook. Â*Also, if your bait starts to feel "heavy" set the hook-it moght be a weed, but it might be a fish. Â*Hope this helps!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.