Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-17-08, 11:14 PM   #1
LubbockFisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Swivel size for spinnerbaits

Hey all. I love the Generic spinerbaits from acadamy and walmart but need to get some ball bearing swivels for them. Can someone tell me what size i need for them? 1/4 ounce I catch more fish with the white/blue then any other brands/colrs combined.
LubbockFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 05:37 AM   #2
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubbockFisher View Post
Hey all. I love the Generic spinerbaits from acadamy and walmart but need to get some ball bearing swivels for them. Can someone tell me what size i need for them? 1/4 ounce I catch more fish with the white/blue then any other brands/colrs combined.
Lubber,

If you refer to replacement of the blade-attachment swivels, fine. Just ask Rebbasser, a member here who assembles spinnerbaits, what size he uses and where he acquires them. Since these are normally sold in bulk you may want to negotiate a deal with him to send you a just a few for a fair price plus shipping.
If you intend to tie a swivel on your line and attach the spinnerbait thereto I have one word for you...DON'T...unless you are referring to in-line spinners such as Mepps or Roostertails.

Mike Leach has a pin-up of Mark Mangino on the ceiling above his bed.

Lancer6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 05:02 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Can't help you with size, but I'd try to get as close to the original size as you can. Check out jannsnetcraft.com for size charts and lure components.

BB
Old 12-18-08, 08:10 AM   #4
Bill@SOBLures
BassFishin.Com Member

Lubber,

Here at S.O.B. Lures, we use a #2 ball bearing swivel on a 1/4oz spinnerbait and on all of our Mini-Me's. Never use anything smaller. We upsize to a #3 swivel on 3/4oz baits and heavier.
With that said, we actually base the swivel size on the size of the blade that we are attaching rather than the weight of the bait....blades smaller than a #4.5 Willow or #6 Colorado get a #2 swivel, anything larger gets a #3 swivel.
If you need some of the swivels, shoot me an e-mail to bill@soblures.com and I'll do what I can to help you out.

GL&GF,
Bill@SOBLures
Bill@SOBLures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 10:27 AM   #5
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Number 2 Sampo brand only, dont be fooled by other brand claims. They dont always spin freely. Fish2win

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.