Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-30-08, 11:59 AM   #26
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Look i spent 3yrs trading blows with jig fishermen on the Red man tournament trail in the late 80's. No i was'nt the best. Fact is i was somwhere in the lower middle of the guy's. But i can tell you with exp. from recreation & from struggling to make a living fishing. A good worm fishermen can hold his own against the jig & then some. But what i also said was use what makes you the better fishermen. They both have there place but i adapt using with what i like the most. Excuse me spring is comming need to stock up on the black zoom lizzards with chartruse tails.
Old 12-30-08, 12:07 PM   #27
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Look i spent 3yrs trading blows with jig fishermen on the Red man tournament trail in the late 80's. No i was'nt the best. Fact is i was somwhere in the lower middle of the guy's. But i can tell you with exp. from recreation & from struggling to make a living fishing. A good worm fishermen can hold his own against the jig & then some. But what i also said was use what makes you the better fishermen. They both have there place but i adapt using with what i like the most. Excuse me spring is comming need to stock up on the black zoom lizzards with chartruse tails.
Exactly. If anyone thinks I'm pushing jig fishing over wt'd plastics. I'm not. I prefer wt'd plastics over jigs. But like I said, when the situation call for jigs, I do use them. Just another tool in our arsenal.
Old 12-30-08, 03:04 PM   #28
ihnclb22
BassFishin.Com Member

what type of jigs do you use...and in what colors?
Old 12-30-08, 07:19 PM   #29
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

get black blue , green pumpkin, orange craw and some matching trailers , jigs from 1/4oz to a 1/2oz should get ya started .

Jim
Old 12-30-08, 09:11 PM   #30
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I use 1/4 oz jigs when the water temps are below 40 degrees. After that It's pretty much 1/2 oz jigs in Blue/Black, and Green/Black both with rattles and a matching trailer. I do have some 1 oz jigs for matt crashing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.