Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-27-04, 02:10 PM   #1
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default jig n' blade

made up some of these things.anybody ever try this before?if so,what were results?
don't want to waste my time making it if it doesn't work.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-04, 02:25 PM   #2
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261
Default Re: jig n' blade

looks good to me, Saw somthing like it before but never tried it though.

Keep us posted.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-04, 04:55 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Only one way to find out-worth giving it a try and see what happens. Might be the next jig craze.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-04, 05:24 PM   #4
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

There's the next big infommercial right there. ;D
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-04, 05:55 PM   #5
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

http://www.nbswebstore.com/cgi-bin/w...%20CRAW%20HEAD
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-04, 07:54 PM   #6
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I worked on a similar bait once. The idea was I wanted to capitalize on the effectiveness of a lil george around cover, so I took an old jig, melted lead to form a body along the length of the hook to the bend and then attatched a colorado blade to the back. After all that I lost it on the second cast, thus ending my lure making career.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-04, 10:39 PM   #7
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Swim that sucker around wooded cover,that would give it more vibration and sight appeal.Instead of bumping the jig into the cover,it would be a more gentle presentation.
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 08:35 PM   #8
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Always creating something. Looks like a good concept hopefully they will produce for ya. How did you do it? Might try to attempt some creations of my own. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-05, 10:06 PM   #9
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

i haven't had a chance to use them yet.the water is in the mid 30's here.i'll have to wait for spring.
i took a small swivel and split ring attached a small blade(like the ones on crappie spins)slipped it onto the hook and crimped it so it stays on the hook at the bend.
looking forward to trying it out.
if you make any and get to try them out,let me know if they catch fish.good fishing
Old 01-04-05, 10:11 PM   #10
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Im actually going to BPS tomorrow- gift card burning a hole in my pocket. They actually have a large selection of pieces and parts there. May have to try your idea. Hopefully be out on the water Sunday. If I create one by then Ill give you a holler. 8)
Old 01-19-05, 03:59 PM   #11
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Finally got around to making a few. Used your idea w/ a silver dimpled #3 blade and also a dimpled #3 bronze blade. Silver blade went on a blue/black 1/2 oz, bronze went on 3/4 oz black/red flake. I couldnt get it to crimp in one place, these slide on the hook. Sent them out with my buddy- he caught 3 or 4 fish using them, all along exposed timber 20-30 yards from shore, mixed bottom- sand, muck, grass and a mixture of the three. He dropped it off the side of the boat and said that the blade slid up to the barb and fluttered, when he tightened the line and brought the head up, it slid down and wiggled w/ movement. He also said that when he swam it there were two variables. 1. It would spin like normal- guess kinda like a lil george. 2. It would stay flat and flutter up and down like a wagging motion. There were a few problems also- 1. every now and then when he pulled it up, the blade was stuck between the head and hook. 2.The skirt would interfere w/ the spinning and wrap around it sometimes. None were caught on the drop, all fish came after a twitch,twitch, stop pattern. Did get hits using same pattern with more aggresive twitches. Ill try to get more info to you when I can. In the process of making a few more now for myself. The loaners were confiscated by my friend. 8)
Old 01-19-05, 04:04 PM   #12
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks for the feedback.
i should have mentioned that i trimmed all the skirts just ahead of the hook after i posted the pics.i kinda thought the skirt would interfere a little.
at least fish were caught on it.unfortunately i still have to wait a while to try mine.we have ice again.it's about 6degrees here and snowing.i should be back on the ice this weekend.
maybe i'll get to try them out in about 2 months :-/
Old 01-19-05, 08:24 PM   #13

Hey Tom are you unemployed again? Just kiidding. One qeustion though, where's the 4 inch red shad Jig&Spin? See ya Saturday. JimM

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.