Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-13-08, 11:14 PM   #1
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default water pressure gauge

I noticed that our boat does not have a water pressure gauge on the council. Is this something that I could install myself as an aftermarket gauge or would this be left to the pro's at the dealership? Also, if you recommend that this is something that I could do, what brand/type should I get? Oh, the boat is a Triton 17 Explorer with a 90 merc. Thanks.

Oh, this is just a pic. from the showroom boat... I still don't have mine yet, maybe next week (I hope).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6092.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	470.5 KB
ID:	2086  
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 08:00 PM   #2
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

From what I see in the picture that looks like a nock out plug for one right below your graph there might be a hose pre run and putting a fitting in the engine is easy
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 05:44 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Not to sound tp harsh but DO IT. Plaine and simple water.clean fuel and good oil keeps our outboards running happily and trouble free or as much as possibkle. A water PSI gauge is a MUST in my book.Even more so on a boat with trim capapabilities. Easy to do. Stick with the gauges that compliment your boat or the ones that are installed in it. Its very easy to do and if the hose is not prerun (I doubt it is) the hose is easy as well as the gauge. Yes thats a knockout where boater said for a gauge.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.