Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-23-11, 10:51 AM   #1
PokeFAn
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Heard frogs were good...

So I bought a few. I'm fairly new to serious fishing so last year I spent almost all of my time on a texas rigged worm or Jig trying to master things one at a time. Well, I heard how well frogs worked so I picked up a couple to test out. These last few days have been good days! Here is last nights catch, my biggest on the frog yet!

I'm hooked, now I can't wait to get a free day to get away from these small ponds and get the boat out on the lake. It's going to be a lot more fun having a few more techniques under my belt this year!
PokeFAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 10:57 AM   #2
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice job, Poke! What kind of frogs are you currently using? I'm a big fan of the Spro Poppin' Frog myself.

P.S. - Welcome to the site!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 11:43 AM   #3
PokeFAn
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks, I've been using the bigfoot scum frog.
Old 06-23-11, 01:01 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Ooooooo, yeah, I have a bunch of those also and have had good luck with them as well, but it's been awhile now since I used one of them.
Old 06-24-11, 11:10 AM   #5
PokeFAn
BassFishin.Com Member

Man I love these forums!! After lurking here over the past year I've learned a LOT from everyone here. Had an awesome 35 minutes at the same pond last night and most everyone here had a lot to do with that!

I had a little time waiting on a friend last night so I ran down to the pond to kill time. I've fished this pond for a year now and have caught 4 total up until last night! I headed out with the same frog and some power worms. Within 1/2 an hour I caught 5!! It seemed like every time I'd switch they were all over it. I just felt comfortable with what I was doing and just kept hooking them up. None of them were big at all really and one was even dwarfed by the worm. haha It was a good time though and I feel much more comfortable with the techniques than I have in the past.
Old 06-27-11, 09:31 PM   #6
WatterBoy

That's great, way to go! I have learned a lot here in the last few years as well.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.