Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 01-06-15, 10:37 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default NRA rant

This morning at 8:05 AM my phone rang. It was a "professional fund raiser" that wanted me to listen to a recorded message from from "President LaPiere of the NRA" (actually I think he is the former president). Eight frickin oh five in the morning. Needless to say I was asleep as was my wife who is home from work with the flu and had a pretty fitfull night which I know because she woke me several times with her fits of coughing. Ok, I was upset. I asked this idiot what he was doing calling my home at eight in the morning - he proceeded to inform me it was actually eight OH Five and that he had a recorded message he wanted me to listen to. Now I am pissed! What an inconsiderate and obnoxious idiot, you can insert whichever obsenities you prefer to complete the thought of where I told him to stick his recorded message AND his clock. Oh yes I can deal in kind with such people.

Now, I believe the NRA to be a worthwhile organization, but I do not like the fact they are paying "professional fund raisers" to solicit donations or new memberships. That means that a part of any donation I make goes to paying the organization and the butt hole that woke me this morning. I believe I have made my feelings concerning telemarketers known on this forum before. I also believe in the Second Ammendment and think that should be amended to include defending oneself from the assault from telemarketers, shooting them would certainly be justified in my opinion - how about working on that NRA?

Rant is over. In the last hour I have sent an email to NRA, composed a letter, also to the NRA, and it sits in my mailbox awaiting the postman to pick up - it's snowing and the Challenger hates snow or I would have driven to to post office - and posted a rant here. Busy, busy morning. I guess the NRA will fold now that I have cancelled my membership and will not contribute any further money to them.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 12:11 PM   #2
bassinbob

Tell us how you really feel.
Old 01-06-15, 01:35 PM   #3
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I agree ... and I love Tom Mabe's responses to tele-marketers. His "Crime Scene" interruption is great.
I keep a whistle with me. If the tele-marketer doesn't hang up upon my first refusal, I just whistle into the phone. They hang up quick after that.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 08:35 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I believe you are right on all counts Bruce. I hope your letter and email get you a satisfactory response.
Old 01-08-15, 11:50 AM   #5
nobass

that is more like the old forum now we need nofear to join in miss those old rant
Old 01-08-15, 03:27 PM   #6
bassboogieman

Wow, I got a response to my email... instructions on how to have my personal info removed from their list. Gee, thanks NRA. It should have been evident from my initial email that was precisely what I wanted done (yes I spelled it out, what part of "please remove my name from your call list, mailing list and cancel my membership immediately, no refund necessary" did they not understand?), but I guess they wanted to give me time to reconsider which a rash action, give me a second chance. Did I mention how much I detest telling things twice, especially after taking Bryce's course: Effective Communication 101 - Getting It Right The First Time. I wish I had their president's home phone so I could call him at 8:00 AM and thank him personally.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-08-15 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-08-15, 04:02 PM   #7
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Soooo, What are you saying, exactly?
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-15, 07:14 PM   #8
bassboogieman

Nice try.
Old 01-08-15, 11:05 PM   #9
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Bruce, you're coming off a bit overwrought, so I'm going to give you an opportunity to re-write your posts in a less antagonistic tone before I read them. You owe me, bud.
Old 01-10-15, 12:59 PM   #10
lilmule

I just love telemarketers most speaking in a new deli accent some of which may actually be there,general response is in finnish,they seldom call back.Just being fair in their stilted English cant hardly understand them,so response is so they cannot either.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.