Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-07, 05:03 PM   #1
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default $555 Billion spending bill for Iraq.

This is BS!!!!! Yes this is our president.This country is already going to hell in a hand basket.Someone has to stop him...someone, anyone and I don't care how you do it. Denny
Old 12-26-07, 06:06 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The most important thing for freedom that we in this country should do is to repeal the income tax.

We have made it too easy for politicians to find money to spend. We need to turn off the spigot, then we wont have to worry about all these expenses popping up out of nowwhere. The government is like a vain woman with a credit card. The more money you give her, the more crap she finds to buy that she doesnt really need.

So, cut up the credit card.
Old 12-26-07, 09:03 PM   #3
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
The most important thing for freedom that we in this country should do is to repeal the income tax.
What do you suggest as an alternative?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Old 12-26-07, 09:12 PM   #4
ROBZILLA

I can't wait to see your next PREZ, you guys are in for the worst few years ever! good luck with that. And were not letting any more of you MERICAN's into our country. I say in five years time an Mexican will be running your country, so get ready for it boys.
Old 12-26-07, 09:31 PM   #5
Christopherkeene9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZILLA View Post
I can't wait to see your next PREZ, you guys are in for the worst few years ever! good luck with that. And were not letting any more of you MERICAN's into our country. I say in five years time an Mexican will be running your country, so get ready for it boys.
Can't be a true mexican though, gotta be American born, maybe Mexican blood though.

I also think the income tax should be gotten rid of, I like the pros and cons of the Fair Tax even at the age of 17.
Old 12-26-07, 09:35 PM   #6
keithdog

I don't know who to vote for this next election. But I do believe that if we go democrat, your going to see all the tax beaks for the middle class repealed, the capital gains tax cuts repealed, the, the unfair marriage tax penaties reinstated, all the child tax cuts repealed, a large increase in federal income taxes, higher interrest rates, greater spending, and higher unemployment. I really wish one of the parties could offer a candidate that we could really feel good about voting for, rather than the lesser of two evils.
Old 12-26-07, 11:40 PM   #7
WTL

Marty, the alternative is to cut spending. The difference can then be made up by a national sales tax.

The people who want you to believe there is no alternative are the ones who prosper financially because of the income tax.
Old 12-27-07, 11:58 AM   #8
Lilmoosecountry

Ron Paul may not win. But what this country needs is some one who thinks like him.
Old 12-27-07, 12:55 PM   #9
WTL

I'm supporting Dr. Paul.

What he is going to end up being is the Barry Goldwater of this generation. In '64, LBJ destroyed Goldwater in the general election but Goldwater laid the foundation for the next revolution in the GOP, even going so far as to give Ronald Reagan his first major political exposure in that speech he gave at the GOP convention.

What it will take for those ideas expoused by Dr. Paul to win the day is another smooth guy behind them. Ron Paul is too old and nerdy looking. Get a guy who looks and sounds like Mitt Romeny but believes in what Ron Paul believes in and you will see it carry the GOP.
Old 12-27-07, 03:59 PM   #10
Lilmoosecountry

Your right. It's a dam shame the country has go to hell in a hand basket. just because people are so superficial
Old 12-27-07, 08:35 PM   #11
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Marty, the alternative is to cut spending. The difference can then be made up by a national sales tax.

The people who want you to believe there is no alternative are the ones who prosper financially because of the income tax.
OK, I don't know if a national sales tax is worse or better than an income tax, but I was just curious as to how you recommended the government be funded.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Old 12-27-07, 09:45 PM   #12
ESipes_89

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89

Most people in this thread need to do some real research on all the candidates. If you do you will know exactly who to vote for. BTW, Dr. Paul is a joke and should never be taken seriously. First probem is that he wants to pull all of the troops out of Iraq immediatly. No matter what your opinion on the war is, you need to accept the fact that we're there and we need to finish the job. He has stated things that made my jaw drop and you need to look him up and take a real good look at his polocies.

On the real topic of the thread, I think your wrong. Although that sounds like a lot of money, it is what the military needs to finish the job. Not just in Iraq but on the entire war on terror. What needs to really be cut is "pork" spending. There are too many earmarks on important bills that should not be there. Because the Dems have the house and senate, this particular bill has probably been doubled from it's original value so that it could be passed.

Oh, Denny, Show some respect. He's your president whether you like it or not.

I would go on but it would take me days to type all the thing I have to say so...

The End (for now),
-Eric
Old 12-27-07, 10:05 PM   #13
WTL

Esipes, Dr.Paul is the most serious guy out there. He is the only candidate who is saying what he actually believes.

I watched all the statements today from the prospective candidates, and I swear I could see with each sentence each one was trying to decide what to say to appeal to the most voters. Watching McCain repeat over and over again that "I knew Bhutto" while trying to apper presidential was laughable. The political process today is like watching a scripted reality TV show.

The truth of the matter is we can leave Iraq any time we want, just like we could leave Vietnam. Just put the troops on a plane and leave. That can be done.

I almost agree with Ron Paul on every one of his crazy policies. So do a lot of Americans. Imean eliminate the IRS, go back to the gold standard, end the war on drugs, eliminate all the unconstitutional government that plagues us - all that can only elicit one response from me....phuk yeah!

By the way, I used to show the current president respect, but he is what he is. A monkey who has held the GOP hostage against its will and core values. Dr. Ron Paul is the only real conservative running this year.
Old 12-27-07, 10:20 PM   #14
Bender

I also agree with Ron Paul on almost everything that I have researched so far. IMHO Iraq should become a glass parking lot; or we should just leave which is more feasible. It seems to me that all his policies are for reducing gov't in general, which has too much control and money already.
He also appears to have strong grassroots support, I see signs all over the place.
Old 12-28-07, 11:15 AM   #15
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESipes_89 View Post
Most people in this thread need to do some real research on all the candidates. If you do you will know exactly who to vote for. BTW, Dr. Paul is a joke and should never be taken seriously. First probem is that he wants to pull all of the troops out of Iraq immediatly. No matter what your opinion on the war is, you need to accept the fact that we're there and we need to finish the job. He has stated things that made my jaw drop and you need to look him up and take a real good look at his polocies.

On the real topic of the thread, I think your wrong. Although that sounds like a lot of money, it is what the military needs to finish the job. Not just in Iraq but on the entire war on terror. What needs to really be cut is "pork" spending. There are too many earmarks on important bills that should not be there. Because the Dems have the house and senate, this particular bill has probably been doubled from it's original value so that it could be passed.

Oh, Denny, Show some respect. He's your president whether you like it or not.

I would go on but it would take me days to type all the thing I have to say so...

The End (for now),
-Eric
I do disagree with you alot sir. One i have done research. Two it's our nations policy's of trying to police this world that got us in trouble in thie first place. Third sir when you go to war it's our duty in war to accomplish an Objective. once that objective is accomplished we leave. In this case Saddam Hussien is out of power. Time to go. Let them build there own country back up. War is war not nation building. We can't build schools in this country or afford books for our own kids. Yet we have money to do this in IRAQ. We tore up that country now we want to clean it up (BULL)!!! Fourth its the republican party that's been high jacked. It was the republican party that ran durring vietnam to end war. It was the republican party who said this nation is loosing it's constitution. It was the republican party who said that goverment should be smaller & less infearence in peoples lives. Well Guess what only one person running today supports the republicans parties orignal promises to it's country. His promises are real. Take a look at his voting record.
Old 12-30-07, 12:41 AM   #16
Denny_K

Default Uummmmm No

I will never show respect to that pc. of ****.Lilmoose Thanks I agree with you.Look at all that money,you say it sounds like alot.We (us all) can't mentally comprehend how much money that is.The homeless,the starving,health care...on and on and on.It's endless.No matter what happens it will be all undone with all of the nut jobs over there.wasted wasted time and money Denny
ps And this Oh, Denny, show some respect stuff.Your 18 I'm almost 39. Who are you to tell what to do?

Last edited by Denny_K; 12-30-07 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-31-07, 10:39 AM   #17
ESipes_89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_K View Post
I will never show respect to that pc. of ****.Lilmoose Thanks I agree with you.Look at all that money,you say it sounds like alot.We (us all) can't mentally comprehend how much money that is.The homeless,the starving,health care...on and on and on.It's endless.No matter what happens it will be all undone with all of the nut jobs over there.wasted wasted time and money Denny
ps And this Oh, Denny, show some respect stuff.Your 18 I'm almost 39. Who are you to tell what to do?
Apparently, I'm the smarter and more mature of the two of us. I don't care who gets elected president, you should never disrespect him/her. I'm not saying you can't disagree, just that you shouldn't sink so low that you start throwing personal attacks. If you don't agree with something than keep it at that. Calling anyone a POS is not smart, very immature, and total complete BS at the very least. You should be VERY ashamed of yourself and should learn some control.

I take that "your only 18" BS as a personal attack as well. Given your assanign remarks and how you've gone about wording your entire thread, I have every right to tell you what to do. I'm sick and tired of the BS spewing from the mouths of people like you (on both sides of the aisle). You think your old enough to make all of the worlds decisions yet, that is the attitude of a 14 year old. You need to act your age.

So, that being said, I challenge you to be the bigger man and appologies to everyone here for the stupid and shameless remarks that you have just made.

To Everyone: Personal attacks on ANYONE should never be taken lightly. People should learn to reframe from these selfless acts and learn to accept that it's wrong. If you disagree, who cares.

-Eric

BTW, Huckabee for President!!!!!

Last edited by ESipes_89; 12-31-07 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-31-07, 10:49 AM   #18
WTL

You hypocrite, stop saying you are smarter and more mature than other people on this board in one paragraph while bemoaning personal attacks in another.

Be a man, Eric. Cause right now you are acting like another dumb politician, saying one thing and doing another.
Old 12-31-07, 10:51 AM   #19
ROBZILLA

And That My Friends Is Why You Don't Talk Politics And Religion On The Boards, They Get Too Heated Up. And People Say Things They Would Usually Not Say Other Wise. Lets All Remain Friends Shall We? I Think Kevin Should Close This Post.
Old 12-31-07, 10:56 AM   #20
ESipes_89

How in the hell is that hypocritical? It was a truthful and honest reply to his attack on me. I will never condone personal attacks on anyone (including you). If anyone on this board, in my everyday life, or even a total stranger on the street start getting cut down, I'll stick up for 'em.

-Eric

PS, Rob, I agree totally. This is gettin' way out of line.
Old 12-31-07, 10:56 AM   #21
WTL

BTW, George W Bush is still a dumb monkey who has no right to my respect unless he can earn it. He is president, not king. In this country we have the right to believe what we want. We can say what we want as well. George W Bush has destroyed his party and has had a disasterous Presidency. In the very near future he will be remembered alongside Presidents like LBJ and Jimmy Carter.

It is hypocritical because you started off by reminding us why you were smarter than the poster in question as well as more mature. That is what it is; an insult. Hypocrite.

PS, you inability to grasp this concept seriously calls into question your supposed advantage in intelligence.
Old 12-31-07, 11:03 AM   #22
ESipes_89

WTL,

Grasp this, I am making a point that you make yourself look like an idiot by saying these "foot in mouth" statements. Now it looks as though you are doing the exact same thing, which is completely uncalled for and completely out of line.

With that, I bid you adue.
I'm through with this thread due to the fact it's become a flame war and should be immediately closed. I've made my point and if you can't understand it, match and game.

-Eric
Old 12-31-07, 11:06 AM   #23
WTL

Look kid, you are out of your league here. Take your ball and go home.
Old 12-31-07, 11:09 AM   #24
ESipes_89

LOL, . Read it again.

Goodbye,
-Eric
Old 12-31-07, 11:15 AM   #25
WTL

Quod erat demonstrandum, indeed.

This thread need not be closed. The open discussion of ideas is the best way to combat ignorance. I take the position of Madison in Federalist 10 on matters like this.

And Of course the veteran members of this board know that if you want to talk politics or football, you gotta go through me. Thats just how it is.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.