Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-07, 11:23 AM   #26
ESipes_89
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89

Ok, so I fudged a little bit on the going away part. It looks as though information in this post was false. Get a load of this.

From your favorite liberal news network MSNBC (and the other networks agree)
CRAWFORD, Texas - President Bush on Friday used a "pocket veto" to reject a sweeping defense bill because he dislikes a provision that would expose the Iraqi government to expensive lawsuits seeking damages from the Saddam Hussein era.
In a statement, Bush said the legislation "would imperil billions of dollars of Iraqi assets at a crucial juncture in that nation's reconstruction efforts."
The president's objections were focused on a provision deep within legislation that sets defense policy for the coming year and approves $696 billion in spending, including $189 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Also in the legislation were improved veterans benefits and tighter oversight of contractors and weapons programs.
The pocket veto means that troops will get a 3 percent raise Jan. 1 instead of the 3.5 percent authorized by the bill.
Bush's decision to use a pocket veto, announced while vacationing at his Texas ranch, means the legislation will die at midnight Dec. 31. This tactic for killing a bill can be used only when Congress is not in session.

So It looks as though only $189 billion would go to the war effort and not just in Iraq. Hmm, pork spending, misinformation for personal gain, what do ya think? (since you know everything about polotics and what's right for me)

-Eric
Old 12-31-07, 11:39 AM   #27
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

"Chaerephon asked the oracle at Delphi if anyone was wiser than Socrates; the Oracle responded that none was wiser. Socrates believed that what the Oracle had said was a riddle, because he believed that he possessed no wisdom whatsoever. He proceeded to test the riddle through approaching men who were considered to be wise by the people of Athens such as statesmen, poets, and artisans in order to refute the pronouncement of the Oracle. Questioning them, Socrates came to the conclusion that while each man thought he knew a great deal and was very wise, they in fact knew very little and were not really wise at all. Socrates realized that the Oracle was correct in that while so-called wise men thought they wise and yet were not, he himself knew he was not wise at all which, paradoxically, made him the wiser one since he was the only person aware of his own ignorance."

If I know anything, its because I realize how little I and other men know. For that reason, I believe in limited government. The less idiots we have running the show the better, although I do like the political power to be split up in many different ways to help prevent despotism. As for your assertions on the spending bill one way or another, I havent really made any assertions at all. Thats not my discussion here. As for me knowing anything at all in the field of politics, all I can tell you is that I was once like you, a teenage political whiz on the message boards; I then went to college and got a B.A. in Political Science. I'm not sure that qualifies me to say anything any more forcefully than a layman, but I feel after 8 years of college it was worth mentioning.
Old 12-31-07, 12:19 PM   #28
ESipes_89
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
"Chaerephon asked the oracle at Delphi if anyone was wiser than Socrates; the Oracle responded that none was wiser. Socrates believed that what the Oracle had said was a riddle, because he believed that he possessed no wisdom whatsoever. He proceeded to test the riddle through approaching men who were considered to be wise by the people of Athens such as statesmen, poets, and artisans in order to refute the pronouncement of the Oracle. Questioning them, Socrates came to the conclusion that while each man thought he knew a great deal and was very wise, they in fact knew very little and were not really wise at all. Socrates realized that the Oracle was correct in that while so-called wise men thought they wise and yet were not, he himself knew he was not wise at all which, paradoxically, made him the wiser one since he was the only person aware of his own ignorance."

If I know anything, its because I realize how little I and other men know. For that reason, I believe in limited government. The less idiots we have running the show the better, although I do like the political power to be split up in many different ways to help prevent despotism. As for your assertions on the spending bill one way or another, I havent really made any assertions at all. Thats not my discussion here. As for me knowing anything at all in the field of politics, all I can tell you is that I was once like you, a teenage political whiz on the message boards; I then went to college and got a B.A. in Political Science. I'm not sure that qualifies me to say anything any more forcefully than a layman, but I feel after 8 years of college it was worth mentioning.
Other than the story that was basically you calling me an idiot. We were on the same page until "As for me knowing anything at all in the political fields of politics". After that I'm starting to think that you think your better than me. Is this true? Cause I know I'm not better than you and I know your not better than me. BTW, a 138 I.Q. isn't something to laugh off either.

Also, not once did I mean to say I was smarter than him nor you. I should have worded it different but, here's the meaning behind my statment.I stated "Apparently, I'm the smarter and more mature of the two of us. I don't care who gets elected president, you should never disrespect him/her. I'm not saying you can't disagree, just that you shouldn't sink so low that you start throwing personal attacks. If you don't agree with something than keep it at that. Calling anyone a POS is not smart, very immature, and total complete BS at the very least. You should be VERY ashamed of yourself and should learn some control." which I hope most people would understand what I'm saying. (If not we're in trouble) Like I said before, This means that your making yourself look like an idiot by spewing out filth, hate, and slander.

Again, It doesn't mean you are stupid, your just making yourself look stupid.

Now do you understand? Being a college graduate, I thought you might be able to pick up on it the first time I told you.

One more time for good measure ""Apparently, I'm the smarter and more mature of the two of us." is sarcasm. It's hard to do on the internet but normally I type what and how I'm thinking it.

Any questions?

-Eric
Old 12-31-07, 12:57 PM   #29
WTL

You IQ is 2 points higher than my own. I tell you this because I don't want you to think that I am belittling you per se.

The point is you were the one who started being a jerk. It really began with the whole "you guys need to research more, Ron Paul is a joke" post way back up at the top. If you have a problem with someone insulting the President, well Ron Paul has been in congress for around 30 years. Does that deserve respect? Then why is an 18 year old kid calling him a joke?

Anyways it was very presumptous of you back there to think that we don't do research. From there on out you have been a jerk. You can write it off as sarcasm now, you can try to justify it this way or that, but on rereading everything it just comes off as petty and juvenile.

But all this is getting pointless, you will learn and it will be without my help. It happened to me too.
Old 12-31-07, 06:50 PM   #30
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The question seems to be,what is wrong with you ? As intelligent as you may think you are, your posts seem arrogant and ignorant.Ignorant in the fact, you do not care about other people. You try to belittle them to make your self look more superior. I think you fell short of your goal, you look like an ******* instead. I cannot beleive someone can be so intelligent and yet they have to state what their IQ is. What is that all about ? I do want to thank you , I feel grateful that I am just an ordinary hillbilly. I do not know what my IQ is, so therefore if you would like,you can post that your much smarter than I am and there will be no contest.
Since I am addressing this useless thread,I feel as though our president is a moron.I can call the stupid son of a b!tch names at will, because I took the time to research and submit my vote for whom I though was the best canidate.As intelligent as you are, I don't have to tell you that I didn't vote for the stupid Mother******. I also served in the military , 4 yrs in Army airborne infantry. I am thanking the good lord I served under president Reagan and not under the jackass in there now. P N J

Last edited by pig n jig; 12-31-07 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-31-07, 07:25 PM   #31
JB

pnj, that link is integrity right there!
Old 12-31-07, 07:40 PM   #32
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

"KUDOS" To you PNJ. Carpy
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.