Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-13-08, 07:00 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default "Karr" Report

Ran down to Buggs yesterday for a little club get together. Got to the loading area to prep the boat. Went to trim the engine up and nothing. I knew I had charged the battery after the last trip. Searched around and found that the master power switch was on. *&%$&!!! No big motor. Went out anyways with the trolling motor. Winds kicked up and blew my boat all over the place, 30+ gusts and T-storms rumbling through the area. Headed into the back end of a creek and found flooded buck brush, willows, maples, etc. Ah Buggs at 305' . Just the way it's supposed to be. Except nobody told the fish . Tournament partner caught two decent fish but took way too much time. Both on lizards. Decided to switch batteries and only go with 12v and run to other areas. Made the run to another creek. Once again found perfect conditions . One dink . Off we ran to a bridge and rip rap. Found a couple keepers . Not bad.....four in the boat, all on lizards. Things are ok, maybe got something going with the lizards. Next area......nothing , again perfect area, had a good history of giving up numbers of fish, and blanked. Water temps in the high 60's, flooded bushes, slight stain, what else could one ask for ? Ran again to another known producing area of Bluestone but time is running out . My partner puts his fourth in the livewell and I hit my second fish. Both again on lizards but out of time. Not a bad day but the fish have not pulled up into the bushes just yet, or at least not in the Clarksville area of the lake. Might be better fishing at the lower end of the lake.

Sorry I didn't post any pictures of the areas. Had my camera and just didn't think about taking any pics.
Old 04-13-08, 10:04 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

at least you got out and found some fish. congrats to you my friend.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 12:06 PM   #3
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Ditto, Bama. Way to hang in there, Smitty!
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 03:25 PM   #4
bassnman30

Went to Tillery about 2 mos. ago. in a tournament. Same problem,I left the power switch on from the last time that I used the boat. No trim, no power and the wind was gusting up to 40 knots ! There were loads of boats comming in from the wind. We stayed around the ramp (where the wind was calm) and finished 4th. Yes, there are fish to be caught around the ramp. Thank goodness for the shakey head.
Old 04-20-08, 07:43 PM   #5
woody

Six fish in the boat with no big motor and being pushed around, sounds like a confidence builder to me...

I try to bump the motor before I head out, Unless I Forget
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 08:19 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i've had days like that on the water, it wears on ya! plus ya keep wondering how long the 2nd battery or 3 rd one will last in all that running and wind.
ya stuck it out! wtg
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.