Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 02-16-10, 11:43 PM   #1
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Shimano Stradic C14 2500 and 1000

I was lucky enough to get all 20 C14's 2500's I ordered. I also have 5 C14 1000's. At the moment they are hard to get but I am sure at some point they will be available.com. If for now if a few of you want a limit of one each I will sell them for what I paid. $200.00 plus shipping being the actual cost. Please again only one each and I reserve the right to end this listing. I am looking to sell only 5-8 of these. I need the rest. This is for the 2500's.

I will sell all of the 1000's for $200 each plus shipping. You can probaly find the 1000's at your local BB. If not let me know.

Look up the specs on these C14's you wont go back to anything less. I would buy three of these anyday before I would buy the Stella's. I have two Stellas and to be honest I never have seen what the big deal is about. Might be something there for in or offshore light tackle big fish etc. I dont have that here or where I fish.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 10:38 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Dang, thats a lot of spinning reels!

Why'd you buy so many if you didn't need them all. (I know, the baitmonkey made ya )

BB
Old 02-17-10, 11:45 AM   #3
Vegasspider

That darn monkey is the only reason. I do need 10-12 of them. I thought since they were hard to get and the way Bass Pro does things that they would never ship all 30 reels but they did. I placed the order the week of Christmas and they came in last Friday. I am only selling a few as I really would like to keep them all and will use them I just thought a few other people really need to have one and cant wait. I did not buy them wholesale I paid full price which is $199.99. I am suprised they honored the sale price. Not sure why they had them on sale since they cant keep them in stock. Not like BB they dig where they can. I am not crazy about the look but it's by far the best spinner I have ever used. I have 6 of them mounted and using.
Old 02-17-10, 07:54 PM   #4
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow! I wished they would have considered, covering the shipping for such a big purchase. Congrats on your acquistion!
Old 02-18-10, 11:36 AM   #5
Vegasspider

Default Bass Pro

Well this is Bass Pro that we talking about they aint gonna give ya nuttin... They treat everyone like an idiot. My local one gets worse every time I go. There used to be a few great counter guys but they left and the people they have left are lazy job haiting people. (I overheard one telling the other that they hate fishing and the people who fish are losers) I am getting so sick of these large companies that put whatever has a hart beat in front of customers. It goes both ways - if you have a great company and product would you not want the best person for the job to represent that and if you hate to work do us a favor - work where others don’t count you actually looking something up etc. Just venting... I work hard for my money and when I treat my self I don’t want to be treated like sh.t.

O well at least I got killer airline miles for the purchase. At least the airlines treat you good for your hard work and dedication, NOT... whole new rant on airlines some other time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post
Wow! I wished they would have considered, covering the shipping for such a big purchase. Congrats on your acquistion!
Old 02-19-10, 03:56 AM   #6
islandbass

I hear you vega. Recently I was poorly treated at a local shop. I had questions but was ignored by two employees who fit your description. They did NOT make a sale and won't be from me for a very long time.
Old 02-19-10, 01:19 PM   #7
Vegasspider

FYI I donated all but 3 of the Stradic 2500 mags I had to two different college teams. Thats what I do with my gear when I upgrade. I used to keep it but the wife has a problem with that. These guys on the teams need this stuff.

Maybe we can do a drive for equipment for them?
Old 02-19-10, 03:39 PM   #8
UKbassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Dont forget the University of Kentucky team. We could use any help we can get if anyone knows any good ways to raise money let me know. We are currently paying out of pocket for all of our travel expenses and hotel stay and it really adds up when you have to travel many hours away for a tournament.
UKbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 10:51 AM   #9
Vegasspider

A quick report. I spent the day on the water yesterday and the 15lb drag in the C14 paid for itself. While fishing for smallies I hooked into a monster striper. (Why this big guy/girl way laying where he/she was is a mystery to me and I don’t fish for strippers but it happens) The fish with our guess was a little (I have the little Boga grip only goes to 15lbs) over 18lbs.

I have the reel mounted on a 7’ Gloomis Bronze Back Med/Fast spooled with 30lb power pro with 12 lb fluorocarbon leader with a jerk bait. It felt like a 10 min fight but it was really more like 4 min or so. But I was able to horse the fish with no problems at all. The reel was not even a little warm after the catch.

Yesterday was not really intended to be a big fishing day as it was monkey day. Still shaking down the new boat and had all new gear. (No more can’t wait to settle in) I also had someone with me that’s not comfortable with bait casters so the boat was loaded with spinners. Anyhow I got off the point; this reel did not miss a beat. I was skipping, jerking etc all day this by far is the quietest, smoothest spinner ever in my opinion. The guide for the braid cuts the noise down by more than 50% IMO. If you get a chance to put one to the test I highly recommend. (Even if you don’t buy one from me. Every boat should have at least one on board) I will give you the bad as well. I am not in love with the crank handle and it’s a ugly reel. It does not look like a mid to high end reel when looking at it. Maybe keep someone from stealing it.
Old 02-22-10, 08:38 PM   #10
bassman10
BassFishin.Com Member

Vegas, do you happen to have any other reels lying around after you purchased the ci4's that you would be willing to let go of for a price? I'm in the market for a reel this season to match my plastics rod.

Thanks,
bassman10
bassman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 12:19 PM   #11
Vegasspider

Default More reels

No sorry not at the moment. I think after these 30 reels the wife (which she loves to fish as much as I do but does not have monkey issues) kind of putting the stop to the nonsense. Might be in monkey rehab for a bit. I will let you know. I do want to try a few KVD combos I really like that thick baitcaster he was using in the classic with the med tip like Zona demostraighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman10 View Post
Vegas, do you happen to have any other reels lying around after you purchased the ci4's that you would be willing to let go of for a price? I'm in the market for a reel this season to match my plastics rod.

Thanks,
bassman10
Old 03-04-10, 11:54 PM   #12
Vegasspider

Wow Google picked up this link. Google Shimano Stradic C14 see what I am talking about. But all done no more for sale. Thanks or looking.
Old 03-05-10, 12:20 AM   #13
Bender

Thanks for the review, I bet that was a ride trying to get that thing into the boat! I passed up a super deal on cheap Stradic MgFIs the other day because I want to get some of these new ones and your review makes me glad I waited.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.