Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-20-05, 10:35 AM   #26
Stick-em
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O
Hi, Mike

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help. However, the site confused me, I mean I did find the glue on their page, but just kind review from your site. It seems even no price on their site. And they listed bunches dealers there, I checked two of those dealers and can not find your product. So general speaking, I've kinda lost. I still don't know how to order it in Canada. Can I order it online, or have to go to somewhere to buy it.

Too bad, CanadianTire or W-Mart doesn't carry your products.

Any way, thanks a lot.
H2O,

http://www.setthehook.ca/dealers.html <== Here are some current Tackle Store Dealers in Canada. Set the Hook used to be an online store and now he's grown to be a Distributor in Canada. He's retracted his prices because of his distributor status. I know some of his stores have glue because I just shipped him a boat load a month ago.

If you want to contact Set The Hook Company directly to see whos stocking it, call
Work: 416-749-6182 or call Cellular if you no response: 416-347-4839 Peter Sevoia. Tell him Mike Rice asked you to call if you cannot get help at the first work number. Let me know of your service with them..

Thank You!

Mike Rice
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 11:45 PM   #27
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick-em
H2O,

http://www.setthehook.ca/dealers.html <== Here are some current Tackle Store Dealers in Canada. Set the Hook used to be an online store and now he's grown to be a Distributor in Canada. He's retracted his prices because of his distributor status. I know some of his stores have glue because I just shipped him a boat load a month ago.

If you want to contact Set The Hook Company directly to see whos stocking it, call
Work: 416-749-6182 or call Cellular if you no response: 416-347-4839 Peter Sevoia. Tell him Mike Rice asked you to call if you cannot get help at the first work number. Let me know of your service with them..

Thank You!

Mike Rice
I appreciate your help. Good news is: My friend will go to Belleville later this week. There is a dealer in the city. I hope they have the glue, so my friend can take couples back.

If not, I will phone the company. Thanks again.

BTW, you should try to get in W-Mart canada or CanadianTire. Guys around Ontairo are crazy about plastic baits. They will love your product for sure.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 12:38 PM   #28
Stick-em

H2O,

Wal-Mart is probbaly not going to happen in either country since I have an aversion to their policies. Cabela's shortly and Gander Mtn in some regional areas this fall if packaging goes as planned. Set the Hook Company is on the move to expand greatly in Canada so, it will be distributed more and more and as we develop more branding here in the US with TV and other media, Canada should come along nicely.

You might check with the store in Bellevile to make sure they're stocking it.

Best Wishes!

Mike
Old 08-23-05, 07:27 PM   #29
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick-em
H2O,

Wal-Mart is probbaly not going to happen in either country since I have an aversion to their policies. Cabela's shortly and Gander Mtn in some regional areas this fall if packaging goes as planned. Set the Hook Company is on the move to expand greatly in Canada so, it will be distributed more and more and as we develop more branding here in the US with TV and other media, Canada should come along nicely.

You might check with the store in Bellevile to make sure they're stocking it.

Best Wishes!

Mike

So when do I get my commission check. I mean look at this post, I reccommended, and several others who I reccomended it to also reccommended it too. If this was a Pyramid deal, I'd be due a huge check right now But for a free bottle or 200 I might just wear a hat or t-shirt you send me for advertising it J/K Great product, and obviously the way things ar going everyone is getting the word out now. I wish you continued success in the future with it.

Lizards
Old 08-23-05, 08:34 PM   #30
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
hang round this site and you will buy even more stuff..

zooker
yeah this is totally true,when i joined this sight 23 days ago
ive probally spent over 100 dollars in fishing stuff but i got what i paid for most of it was on those dang tiki worms but those will do the job
Old 08-23-05, 09:25 PM   #31
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

HaHa i would have if i had 100 dollars free samples will have to work for now
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 09:51 AM   #32
Stick-em

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
So when do I get my commission check. I mean look at this post, I reccommended, and several others who I reccomended it to also reccommended it too. If this was a Pyramid deal, I'd be due a huge check right now But for a free bottle or 200 I might just wear a hat or t-shirt you send me for advertising it J/K Great product, and obviously the way things ar going everyone is getting the word out now. I wish you continued success in the future with it.

Lizards
Thanks for all your help but, I've already helped you all and thousands of fisherman... lol Now they only use a couple to a few bags of expensive soft baits every month compared to Mega bags because they can repair them and fish with them on the water in seconds.

And look how much nicer you guys have been talking since your wives arent' beating you over the head with, What Lizzard? You just spent $50 on those whacha' ma Callits, Tikkki or whacha' ma callem... fishing worms...

Pyramids? I don't like pyramids and don't like SnakeS..

Gee your next order may surprise you....

Screemin' Reels!,

Stick~Em to it!
Old 11-16-05, 11:00 AM   #33
senkosam

Default My take on Pro Soft

Mike was pretty accurate about what the glue can and can't do, but here's my observations.
1. It does harden like super glue

2. It doesn't work as well on reheated plastic as a candle (as reported) and I still need to use a soldering iron to smooth connection seams.

3. It doesn't work on some of my Power Pro plastics with protein

4. As far as using it to keep a grub on a jighead, I use wire around the line tie. Less mess and it's easier to remove the old grub body once a tail has been bit off.

5. One thing I discoverd a few years ago was the great action a nose-hooked soft plastic has. The Banjo Minnow and other soft jerk baits are successfull because the entire bait has action when not stiffened by a Texas rigged hook or jighead. It also allows an angler to use a smaller leading hook for the head-strike that fish usually go after. A few lures that this will work well on are: flukes, Fin S Fish, 2.5-3" tubes, curl tail grubs, 3-4" soft sticks on a C-rig, drop shot finesse worms and small creature baits (Brush Hog).

(I will use it ice fishing this winter and report how it works on live bait.)

Note: The action is exceptional in river current as the bait drifts over shallow rocks for smallies. Twitching & darting this rig is very effective, anywhere!

The metal of the hook adheres to most plastics like super glue bonds flesh to flesh or metal, so it's perfect for a nose to hook rig.

6. It does hold a plastic on the curve of the hook, but sometimes I want the bait to ride up the line away from the fish's mouth, especially thick plastics.

7. Since Senkos and heavily salted worms are so flimsy, PS is limited in salvaging entire worms or allowing much re-use of Senkos. Worm pieces might be saved and bonded, but the action will be different than right out of the package.

8. Be careful of the tack provided to close the bottle. As the pin accumulates hardened glue, pushing it into the bottle's opening will make it larger and larger. I strip off hardened glue with a pair of pliers before plugging the hole, but only when built up. Acetone also works.

9. The expense of PS limits me to using it only on fishing lures and the simple fact that other glues work as well for other bonding uses or sealing.

10. The stuff works fast and you have to keep you fingers away from the stuff or be attached to objects or materials.

I'm impressed for specialty use and for making my customized, hybrid soft plastic baits, which can instantly transform a mediocre bait into a super bait. It saves me time from always having to use a candle and try out different ideas as fast as I can think of them. For this use and nose attaching, I highly recommend it, especially while the 2 for 1 sale is going on!

SS
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-05, 06:05 PM   #34
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
dang i buy too much fishing stuff !
u can never buy too much fishing stuff
Old 11-16-05, 06:42 PM   #35
zooker

i first got introduced to this stuff from davew. i am hooked on it but good i have 8 bottles last count -i can never find the bottle when i want it-i have used it for a rather unsual use. after trying and failing to glue a piece of silk to a piece of wool then glue them to a teddy bear. after trying with a half dozen differant types. i tryed pro soft bait glue. and it worked like a charm..in fact it still is working.it was 2 years ago..

as my friend lizard once said i am the king of thinking outside the box.

zooker
Old 11-16-05, 09:09 PM   #36
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i had to special order some windows for my house....one came in damage.the vinyl was split at the weld..figured what the he77..tried PSBG and it worked.i really didn't want to go throught the hassle of reordering especially since i had the old picture window out.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-05, 07:22 AM   #37
1FASTLASER

Goes right back to the post on scents. Why would you put a offensive odor on a lure that u trying to catch a good ole bigen or a big ole gooden on. Just dont make sense. No pun ntended. LOL Fishin glue doesnt have the offensive odor that the rest of em does.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-05, 02:46 PM   #38
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

you can try to justify using other glues,,cheaper etc.but the bottom line is PSBG is one item that there is no substitute for.i've been bass fishing 20+years,been on this board a couple years..i know what works and what doesn't.3 things i ALWAYS have in my boat are WD-40,4" red shad worms and PSBG.if you're serious about bass fishing you should have this stuff.

and no....stick-em isn't paying me to say this.i'm just telling you what works.i have never tried to steer anybody wrong.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-05, 10:57 PM   #39
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom
i have never tried to steer anybody wrong.
Does that include all of the women you were trying to hook up with in your younger days

Lizards
Old 11-20-05, 11:18 PM   #40
Christopherkeene9

Whats all the wd-40 for? I hate that stuff, talk about dirt attractant.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-05, 05:58 AM   #41
zooker

now pnj you and i know old tommy likes them earth mover large. and the useage of the word "steer" is most correctly...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.