Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-02-05, 11:16 AM   #1
JigHead1121

Default Absolutley Disgusted!!!

I live in PA where unless you have access to private water, the fishing SUCKS! Yeah, I know...somebody always knows somebody that "kills them" somewhere. In reality, people in PA have a terrible outdoor mentality. If it's legal, or at least close...they keep it. PA is famous for it's trout fishing, if you can call it that. Mostly guys following around the stocking truck and fighting with each other over a hatchery raised fish that's 7 inchs long and you can't eat because they contain mercury! Bass are my true passion though. I live a whole mile from the Susquehanna in NE PA. People fish it...I don't even like driving over it. I caught a 5.25lb. smallie in Lake Ontario last weekend.(I have caught several this size there). Released it, of course. Showed the picture to a guy I work with. Response:"My buddy gets dem like dat down da river all da time!" Sure he does! And he caught it on a rapala that he wrestled from the mouth of a 100lb. musky in Fantasyland....these are the same characters that shoot "big" 4-pointers or 3 doe and then complain there are no deer. Believe me, I have access to private waters because I ask permission politely, and treat the water as if it were my own. I guess what I'm asking is do any of you agree with me? Or am I wrong!
Old 08-02-05, 12:52 PM   #2
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It is getting like that here in Jersey too my friend.
Old 08-02-05, 12:57 PM   #3
KH.

i say just move fishing is ny life if you love so much u should move i wouldnt mind workin at mcdonalds all my life as long as i got to fish
Old 08-02-05, 12:58 PM   #4
KH.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-02-05, 01:47 PM   #5
LoneRanger93
BassFishin.Com Member

I was wonderin why my run of bad luck keeps on goin....
Old 08-02-05, 04:44 PM   #6
KH.

i dont know the bass may be suspended
Old 08-02-05, 05:10 PM   #7
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default lmao

Your funny Jighead!! I agree with ya. Like dat all du time...or somthing like that. Denny
Old 08-02-05, 05:24 PM   #8
KH.

what was so funny about it
Old 08-02-05, 05:33 PM   #9
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I remember that post I made about "august fishing can be tough, at least it is here'
And almost everyone jumped on the bandwagon and said august was a great month for bass catching LOL
dog days are here my friends... to the show that never ends....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-05, 06:42 PM   #10
bassinbob

I have a private lake I fish also. I also fish Pymatuning. Until two years ago I fished for walleye there. Every year they got tougher to catch. I never kept them though I did keep a 24 incher about 20 years ago to eat. I started bass fishing and forgot about the walleyes that became few and far in between. Trout fishing here in west Pa is about the same as in your part of the state. Although I do know a few guys who find the small deep wood streams and fish for the brookies. I've tried a few more small lakes this year with not to good results. I do pretty good at Pymatuning and caught 2 four pounders this year. I live on the Mon. and have results the same as the pro's did during the classic. Since I've only been fishing for bass for 2 years I still have a lot to learn. It is tough sharring waters with people who take home 12 inch bass but alas we have to. I guess you could make bass fishing a catch and relase sport here if you can get a movement started. Or maybe have them increase the size limit. I can't take the excitement of a youngster taking a few fish home the first couple of times they catch something. Going to the classic made me realize that probably most of the thousands of fishermen and women there relase their fish, as I do. Good and bad. I'm trying to find the good and having a ball chasing those bass.

Bob
Old 08-02-05, 06:44 PM   #11
bassinbob

Oops, what I ment was "Take away the excitement of a youngster."

Bob
Old 08-02-05, 07:08 PM   #12
zooker

no bob you are dead on i seen it coming 15 years ago then got wise and hauled butt to a warmer climate. although the lakes are not as pristine as northern pa or western ny. i still enjoy fishing for those lil green fishes. i used to live and fish the waters of potter, mckeen,stuben and alley counties. not excatly world renoun bass water in that area.is it..

zooker
Old 08-02-05, 07:26 PM   #13
KH.

its not august yet its late summer
Old 08-03-05, 03:17 PM   #14
InEccess

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

Move to a warmer climate. Boy, I'd love to do that. I keep trying to talk my girlfriend into moving to North Carolina (as I lived in Richmond and loved the southern winters), but she's consistant on wanting us to move back to her home state of Alaska. As I sat there watching the Bass Facts at the Classic, I had to hang my head as I read over and over... "Bass live in every state except Alaska." I'm almost in tears over that.
Old 08-03-05, 04:49 PM   #15
abugarcia6

here in NC the fishin n august isnt that great fo me....i caught two today....very small but it is prettty hot now so there probably gone deep
abugarcia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 10:04 PM   #16
Basspro wannabe
BassFishin.Com Member

WOW sounds like a bunch of disgusted anglers out there. I have an idea everyone pack up and head to Arkansas LOL.
Basspro wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 11:38 PM   #17
basstech

You might be surprised if you don't see that happen. It's a bass fishermans dream cause the lake's don't freeze and the fish bite year round. allows a guy to work on some of all different types of bass fishing. light finnese rigs with 4lb. to the 5/8 oz. jig with a #10 big daddy and 30 lb. test on a 7 ft mag hvy. rod. not to mention the scenery is gorgeous.
Old 08-04-05, 07:37 PM   #18
zooker

why i have invited and old friend to this fine forum from crackett arki-in slaw. he loves rubbing the amount of vegation in my face.seeing i fish a barren lake so to speak..

zooker
Old 08-05-05, 10:19 PM   #19
Basspro wannabe
BassFishin.Com Member

zooker never hear it called arki-in-slaw before.
I guess I live and learn
Basspro wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 09:08 PM   #20
Cuban_Cigar
BassFishin.Com Member

i live near a power plant, which has a HUGE cooling lake....800-somthin miles of shoreline......fishable all year round.....i live in IL by the way.....to bad i won't eat the fish from it though.....the keeping size for bass is 18 inches.......was there a few days ago(maybe it was yesterday, i dont know) and saw a freakin MONSTER jump ON the bank in an attempt to eat a DUCK!!! that cove is marked on a map....which is sealed in a box, which is locked in a trunk, which is..........I have my FIRST targeted bass ever......I will catch this thing....and you will all cry!
The lake also has pirahna in it....somebodies joke....i guess...
Old 08-06-05, 10:30 PM   #21
HulaPopr

I know what your talking about, some people here will keep a mercury loaded 6oz bass here just to make a sandwich. The majority of people in fl don't care if you cut through their property to get to a pond, I've done it more than once, and have had complete strangers strike up a conversation about bass fishing. The ponds to fish around here are the ones in the woods, the ones on golf courses, and the ones pinned between a handful of houses and some woods. You can just about bet that all other ponds are overfished by people who keep all they catch. I saw t 2 7lb bass filleted on a pond bank about 2 weeks ago, made me cry almost.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-05, 11:26 PM   #22
guacomole

Luckily my grandparent s own a cottagfe on a private lake full of wake boarders and pleasure boaters, barely anyone fishes, so the bass are mostly all very fat and healthy. The bream arent spooked by anyhting, most of the time they will come up and nip at my line.
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 10:00 PM   #23
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban_Cigar
i live near a power plant, which has a HUGE cooling lake....800-somthin miles of shoreline......fishable all year round.....i live in IL by the way.....to bad i won't eat the fish from it though.....the keeping size for bass is 18 inches.......was there a few days ago(maybe it was yesterday, i dont know) and saw a freakin MONSTER jump ON the bank in an attempt to eat a DUCK!!! that cove is marked on a map....which is sealed in a box, which is locked in a trunk, which is..........I have my FIRST targeted bass ever......I will catch this thing....and you will all cry!
The lake also has pirahna in it....somebodies joke....i guess...
Just wondering if you are talking about Newton I have fished it twice with ILBassin, and there are definately some toads in there. It's where most of the folks believe the next IL state record may be caught, I personally am going with a coal/gravel pit for my choice. Anyway hope you catch that duck hunter.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.