Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-15-09, 12:55 AM   #51
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I didnt even check out their hooks yet...I will do that next time.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 12:14 AM   #52
dbltap
BassFishin.Com Member

I live about 50 miles East of Des Moines Iowa and our new Supercenter is in the process of restocking the fishing isle. The old store had more products. A lot more. But the new Bass Pro Shops will be open this summer and it will only be about 30 miles away in Altoona Iowa. That might be the reason but our Wal-Mart took out all their guns when they built the new store and there wasn't any competition for long guns in the area. all they have is ammo and some clothing. I wonder if this shift is regional. What do the Wal-Marts around the big fishing lakes have for tackle? Are they cutting back? I remember when Kmart had all kinds of fishing gear but I don't think they sell anything anymore, at least not around here. Target never did. My point is I don't think PETA has anything to do with it. But I'm sure they will take credit for it. Any extremist organization will exploit anything to their advantage. Kinda sounds like Alqieda don't it. Wal-Mart follows profit not political correctness.
dbltap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 09:52 AM   #53
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Walmart, like all national retail stores, merchandise their stores regionally. I would assume that having BPS or Cabela's opening up near them would certainly have a impact on what categories and lines they carry. Every square foot of selling space has to produce in a store. That's one of the figures management uses to determine a categories worth.

Believe me, Walmart could care less about what PETA thinks or says.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.