Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 01-21-05, 12:58 AM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default everglades

tomorrow i will be going down to the everglades for duck hunting. i hope to get limit. so far the season hasnt been that good so this trip might be good. i also want to maybe fish a little down there. the weekend is suposed to be pretty nice so thats good.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 06:26 PM   #2
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: everglades

fisher
actually the worst weather the better for duck hunting. low clouds pushes the ducks lower in the sky and high winds seems to cause them to land any place that looks calm.the nastier weather-snow, sleet, rain, hail, ice,typhoon- the better i like it. i once loaded my boat in late january-in freezing rain- looked at my tires while strapping it down and thought -needs some air- well they did not. i had1" of ice on the entire blind/boat-i don't take the blind down.

mind ya i hunt big open water the toughest type of duck hunting. i have been doing it for nearly 20 years.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 11:43 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: everglades

i shot a limit of teal(6) on sat. there was a lot of fog and kinda hard to see. my stepdad shot 3, 1 pintail. they are out of season and he thought he was gunna get a 100 ticket but the gw gave us a break for being honost and let us go. on sunday we had truck troubles so we had to skip hunting. today we were gunna go hunting but went fishing instead. zooker- the weather doesnt really matter to me wether its rainy cold cloudy sunny. on rainy cloudy and windy days the ducks are low and land towards the wind. on sunny days the ducks are easier to see and in my experience decoy better.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.