Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-08, 11:02 AM   #26
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Well, KVD as always kicked it back up. After seeing the young Pace quietly sneak-up the leaderboards, I'm going with him. He slayed 'em fishin' slow this morning!

-Lunk-
Old 02-24-08, 11:23 AM   #27
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
it's an instate term for the cow collage
Or to be a little more precise. "It's an in-state term for the cow college." Note the "i" is capitalized, "instate" is hyphenated, not one word and "collage" is spelled college. Maybe if you had gone to the "cow collage" you'd have learned this kind of thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 11:25 AM   #28
Fish2win

lunker-lander said" Well, KVD as always kicked it back up" I hope a no name wins but it is really amazing how KVD always seems to put himself in position for a last day run. It is not a win until day three. I believe he fishes totally to make the cut and saves his best fish for day 3. Fish2win
Old 02-24-08, 11:29 AM   #29
Jigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish2win View Post
lunker-lander said" Well, KVD as always kicked it back up" I hope a no name wins but it is really amazing how KVD always seems to put himself in position for a last day run. It is not a win until day three. I believe he fishes totally to make the cut and saves his best fish for day 3. Fish2win
I'm pulling for someone other than KVD too. Not because I don't like him, I do, but because he wins so much. I'd like to see E. Evers or Alton Jones win. I'd never heard of Charlie Hartley before but after watching this morning's coverage of day 2, I think he's pretty cool and I'm pulling for him now too. Jeff Kreit as well.
Old 02-24-08, 01:30 PM   #30
scrap

Default hartley

hartley is a good ol boy. he deserves it, and will work hard to get the title.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 01:40 PM   #31
lunker-lander

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing him pull-off the wind either. That Pace is still gonna come back and smack 'em though!

-Lunk-
Old 02-24-08, 01:58 PM   #32
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i think kriet will wack em on day 3. but i would like to see either charley hartley or alton jones win it too.
Old 02-24-08, 02:01 PM   #33
lunker-lander

What would you Guys say the pattern has been based on? I was thinking fishin' shallow points with cranks, flippin' PNJ's/T-Rigs, and fishing off-colored water once the sun hit.

-Lunk-
Old 02-24-08, 02:45 PM   #34
Jigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
What would you Guys say the pattern has been based on? I was thinking fishin' shallow points with cranks, flippin' PNJ's/T-Rigs, and fishing off-colored water once the sun hit.

-Lunk-
Good question. I'm seeing a little bit of everything. Jones is fishing deep standing timber with a 1oz (I think it's 1oz) football jig. Martens is drop shotting. Hartley is pitching to boat docks. VanDam is cranking as is one of the other first timers whose name escapes me. From what I can tell so far, it's mainly jigs, drop shots, and cranks. From way deep to shallow. Anyone else seeing anything else?????
Old 02-24-08, 02:51 PM   #35
JB

never count out kvd, but so far I'll root for the nervous guy from ohio, ol charlie
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 02:51 PM   #36
Cranebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Or to be a little more precise. "It's an in-state term for the cow college." Note the "i" is capitalized, "instate" is hyphenated, not one word and "collage" is spelled college. Maybe if you had gone to the "cow collage" you'd have learned this kind of thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe he is an artist ?or maybe he has been through a therapy group of some sort.They claim that it is good therapy to make up a collage of the things that anger you and these issues will subside to a more meaningless state. Maybe we should have have a group collage here at the site for some of us seem to have issues with meaningless things ? I am glad you have taken the time to correct Bamabassman. I should have been offended since I did indeed attend at Auburn college, I never understood the whole rivalry thing and I guess I didn't much care,If infact I did care I would say "Go Tigers" nearly every post. Sorry Bama, One day we will learn to be politically correct .........or maybe not. Ivan
Old 02-24-08, 03:06 PM   #37
Cranebird

What initially brought me to this post is here the local bass club that I belong to specifically states that a person will be disqualified if he or his boat comes in contact with land, boat lifts,boat docks or another boat and or boater etc...

I watched a bit of the classic this morning and it was pretty cut and dried that Charlie Hartley would have been disqualified by our stupid rules here. Does anyone else have such idiotic rules to go by because Bassmasters classic people didn't seem concerned with that being an issue ,I know they have boundaries in which sometimes you are not allowed to fish beyond, most times they were only limited to the weigh in fish dumping area which was a clearly marked off section.
Old 02-24-08, 03:47 PM   #38
WTL

Jigger,
had Bamabassman gone to a good cow college, like ATM or Alabama A&M he may very well have learned how to spell the word college correctly. But I don't think they teach that at Auburn. I will give you one case in point.

Are you familiar with the wunderlich test? Its a test used in HR departments and most notably, the NFL uses it to test upcoming prospective drafties.

These are the average scores that certain professionals normally make:

Chemist - 31
Programmer - 29
Journalist - 26
Sales - 24
Bank teller - 22
Clerical worker - 21
Security guard - 17
Warehouse - 15

In general, it is normally said that a 10 on the wunderlich indicates basic literacy.

Auburn corner and graduate Junior Rosegreen took the wunderlich just a couple years ago. He scored a 2. Two.

If he can spell the number two, I think I would be suprised.
Old 02-24-08, 04:48 PM   #39
crankybait

WTL, do you happen to know what the highest score is on the Wonderlic? I know JaMarcus Russell hit pretty high on it...
Old 02-24-08, 07:02 PM   #40
WTL

I think JaMarcus got a 10 or something. Yeah, he's pretty stupid too. 40 is the highest I believe. Only 1 NFL draft pick in history got that, and he went to Harvard.

I wish the bass pros had to take that test. I wonder how Ike or Skeet or KVD would score on the wunderlick, that would be fascinating to see if there is a correlation between raw intellegence and bass fishing skill.
Old 02-24-08, 07:45 PM   #41
Jigger

It's over. Alton Jones won it. Here are the top 10:
1.Alton Jones 49-7
2.Cliff Pace 44-5
3.Kevin VanDam 43-8
4.Bobby Lane 42-7
5.Greg Hackney 41-7
6.Jeff Kriet 40-15
7.Kotoro Kiryama 40-9
8.Clark Rheem 40-8
9.Aaron Martens 40-7
10.Michael Iaconelli 39-10
Old 02-24-08, 08:40 PM   #42
bamabassman

thank you wtl. and jigger the reason i can't type or spell too good is that i have carpol and arthuritis in my hands. no i didn't finish "college". wish i did though. that is why i try to instile it in every young person. male, female, black, white or pink with purple polka dots. i ain't mad by no means. by the way it took me longer to type this than usual. one finger typing is harder than misspelling words, lol. and another thing, before it was "auburn u" it was the university of alabama politecnical. started by alabama. but anyway about the tourny, who is leading or won today?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 08:42 PM   #43
bamabassman

thank you for posting the winners jigger. see the "g-man" didn't do too good. he is from my hometown. know his family well.
Old 02-24-08, 09:55 PM   #44
Jigger

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
thank you wtl. and jigger the reason i can't type or spell too good is that i have carpol and arthuritis in my hands. no i didn't finish "college". wish i did though. that is why i try to instile it in every young person. male, female, black, white or pink with purple polka dots. i ain't mad by no means. by the way it took me longer to type this than usual. one finger typing is harder than misspelling words, lol. and another thing, before it was "auburn u" it was the university of alabama politecnical. started by alabama. but anyway about the tourny, who is leading or won today?
Sorry, man. I didn't know your condition. The apparently derogatory reference to "cow college" got under my skin a little because I'm from an agricultural background and went to an agricultural college and got a better education there than I was capable of absorbing. The internet is weird in that things can be taken differently than intended because you're not there to see someone smile or see their body language. I apologize to you. Please forgive me.
Old 02-24-08, 10:11 PM   #45
Fish2win

Guy's I am a self taught typist and as bad as it gets, I cant spell kat. I didnt finish college. Having said that please allow me to add this. I never had a bass check my credentials. Heck, they could care less about education. I have also been the outdoor writer for the Knoxville Journal for over 13 years. I have an editorial column and fishing report every week.
My wife types 175 WPM on a keyboard and is great at grammer and spelling. I type my articles she corrects them. There is more than one way to skin a cat, or a computor.
Having an agriculture background is something to be proud of and not having a degree has nothing to do with bass fishing.
Fish2win
Old 02-24-08, 10:24 PM   #46
WTL

Jigg, knowing bamabassman, I don't think you need to apologize.

Cow college is just a way for us to make fun. I really don't hate auburn, and personally, I rather enjoy drinkin milk and eating beef so they are alright by me. But it is the nature of the rivalry down here. They make fun of Bama for having a bunch of sidewalk alums just the same. All in good fun.

Alton Jones, eh?
Old 02-24-08, 11:05 PM   #47
lunker-lander

Thanks for the report, Jigger!

I'm glad to see Pace placing up the ladder. Nice, quite man, no grudges on anyone, slow, methodical fisherman. If I only had have the patience that man had...

-Lunk-
Old 02-25-08, 09:01 PM   #48
bamabassman

jigger no need to apologize dude, i am in no way offended or mad. grew up farming. love the smel of cow s--t, hahaha. tastes better than it smells too. rode a combine at the age of 8. cotton, penuts, sowbeans, and corn. and like wtl it is all in fun against auburn. i have an uncle who graduated from auburn. all that manual labor is getting to me in my older age, lol. but you can joke with me about anything. hey ask my wife, she got the biggest joke of ll....ME!!! hhaha. fish2win, you are correct sir!! thankyou for the things you said too jigger. now we can go on with the jokes ok? hahaha. and on top of everything else, i am deaf in my left ear. so i didn't hear ya anyway, hahahahahaa!!!!!!
Old 02-25-08, 11:38 PM   #49
MississippiBoy

Bama, there's something I've been meaning to tell you...dude, you're not deaf in your left ear. There's a big a$$ piece of cow sh!t lodged in there. Probably been there 15-20 years. Just hold your nose and try to blow thru it real hard, and she should pop right outta there...

I was just about to type something that included the words "your sister" and "blow", but I changed my mind...my self-censoring thought processes finally kicked in.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 11:43 PM   #50
bamabassman

hahaha mississippiboy. you're probably right. but after 40 yrs i got used to it. it helps when i hear alot of bull.....you know what i mean? how's your cowbell? hahaha. hey ya'll looking good at M S this spring? maybe now ya'll can win a few now that you got a bama man coaching huh? hahaha, you know i am kidding. i wanted croom before they hired shula. you got a great coach. keep him if you can. he'll win you a championship soon.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.