Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-10-05, 02:58 PM   #1
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman
Default Fishing after the hurricane pasted me?

Hey will fishing after the hurricane still be good? If all else fails Ill just go and try to fish anyways!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 03:36 PM   #2
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Re: Fishing after the hurricane pasted me?

If ya get lots of rain and it raises the level of water at your pond, lake, river, etc. try the new shallows.
Many times when our pond or lake really goes up in water levels, the fish look for new food sources , and often its in a previous grassy area that was dry until the rains
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 08:16 PM   #3
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

i highly doubt it will be good because of all the different weather and rain.
Old 07-10-05, 10:27 PM   #4
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

;D
when I was fishing in Japan a coule times, I went after a typhoon went by. The water levels are highly rasied and the weeds and all that crap that snags ur baits scattered so i don't think it's all that good. But like u said, "Do it anywayz" (Yea~h!)
Old 07-11-05, 08:59 AM   #5
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

Fishing after it was just as good if not better as fish before it came through. But we only got like an inch of rain here (just like our average everyday thunderstorm).
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-05, 10:30 PM   #6
harlan07
BassFishin.Com Member

Default low pressure systems

I've found that fishing before any low pressure system (tropical system, cold front, etc.) is usually good. Most of my experience is in saltwater, but I've found the same to be true during the few bass trips i've been on. Arlene, Cindy, and Dennis all turned the bass on to slam topwaters aggressively. As tropical storm Arlene approach the coast (I am about 80 miles from the coast), the pressure dropped drastically and bait fish were jumping out of the water everywhere and big bass were feeding on flats and out over the deep holes.

However, I've heard of amazing fishing trips after hurricanes. My dad had the pleasure of fishing at a barrier Island off the coast of MS after hurricane Camille in 1969. They caught hundreds of nice speckled trout and red fish that day, and had to stop because they literally filled the boat. I think that can be attributed to the fact that the storm pushed high salinity water into the area.
harlan07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.