Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 01-16-14, 10:49 PM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default good ol post office rant

I buy and sell sport cards on ebay. All are sent through the mail. In the last two weeks they (post office) have been pretty shoddy. Mailed out one card two weeks ago and it finally arrived today. Two weeks ago I got a card and the envelope was water soaked. Today one came with a big gash in the envelope. Thank goodness the first one was protected pretty good by the sender. The second cad is a graded card in a heavy plastic case and it has a big gash in the plastic case. The first one no problem but the second one with the gash is unsaleable unless I take it out of the plastic case. Because it is graded I would have to get it regraded.
I have to go tomorrow and file a grievance with the PO. I doubt if it would do any good. I want to sell some rods but I am worried they would get damaged in transit. I haven't had any trouble with the reels I've sold.
OK rant over.
Old 01-17-14, 01:32 AM   #2
3dkicker

Hmmmm......maybe we've done some business lately. You have an issue sending someone the wrong Jason Witten rookie card recently????
Old 01-17-14, 06:25 PM   #3
bassinbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Hmmmm......maybe we've done some business lately. You have an issue sending someone the wrong Jason Witten rookie card recently????
No. It was a 1982 Cal Ripken Jr rookie card. She inadvertently sent an ungraded card of the same. I use her store and do the posting and she does all the rest. Check out slasew. The sla are her initials and the sew is because she likes to sew.
Old 01-18-14, 10:44 AM   #4
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Post office never makes mistakes. Something was mispackaged. I sent a check to a supplier in April of last year to a business barely 20 miles away. It still has not arrived.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 08:42 PM   #5
Marty

I'll come to the defense of the P.O. During a lifetime of mailing and receiving mail I've had very few problems. In fact, I can't think of any one specifically. Maybe I've just been lucky.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.