Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 10-07-07, 11:12 PM   #26
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

First of all, you dont, in any way, know me or how I was raised. So refrain from saying something like so again.

Secondly, I download music, get over it. I'm not out using drugs, vandalising, causing havoc, or any of the such. I work hard for the little money I get, and dont have the money to buy music. I download music, which you call stealing, I call not stealing.

So you are saying your kids dont like football, dont like girls, dont like music, dont enjoy having fun, dont enjoy fishing and hunting, and all other simple pleasures life brings??

I feel sorry for your children.
Old 10-07-07, 11:52 PM   #27
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

I'm not going to feed the flames here or anything, but I just wanted to know...

Are the recording industries going to go after those people who buy blank tapes and record copywriten material off of the radio? I mean, I think almost everyone alive have done that. My grandparents have a recording of the original "It is a day that will live in infamy".

If bands really made money off album sales (which they kinda do... they get 1 dollar per album sold. 20 dollars for a cd... 19 of it goes to people who didn't write or preform the music), why would they name albums "Steal this album"?

International Alliance of Theatre Stage Employees local #3 in Pittsburgh PA. Yes, I work on musical stages too and I've had these discussions with roadies and techs. The bands want to get paid, but they feel just as wronged by thier record labels as they do from people downloading music. Look up the problems the Goo Goo Dolls had with their record label. Multi-Platinum album... broke band members.
Old 10-08-07, 11:19 PM   #28
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02 View Post
First of all, you dont, in any way, know me or how I was raised. So refrain from saying something like so again.

Secondly, I download music, get over it. I'm not out using drugs, vandalising, causing havoc, or any of the such. I work hard for the little money I get, and dont have the money to buy music. I download music, which you call stealing, I call not stealing.

So you are saying your kids dont like football, dont like girls, dont like music, dont enjoy having fun, dont enjoy fishing and hunting, and all other simple pleasures life brings??

I feel sorry for your children.

I'm just saying my kids aren't common thieves, they were raised to respect and obey the law.
Illegal downloading of copyrighted material is stealing, no matter what you think. The sooner you realize that fact, the better off you'll be. Spend the little money you earn on a radio and listen to free F.M. to your hearts content...
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 06:17 PM   #29
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

The free downloading of music is the least of anyones worries. And I actually have a good taste in music, therefore I find everything on the radio completely terrible to listen too.

Have your kids ever mowed the lawn of Sunday? If so, they broke the law... There are so many laws that arent enforced that are always broken. You have broken laws. The point is these petty laws dont matter, something like downloading music every now and then dont matter. I put enough money into going to shows and buying merchandise, I dont need to pay for the music I sometimes download. If I constantly downloaded music every day that would be another story. I know not to break the law, and I seriously doubt your kids aren't perfect angels, theres quite a bit kids do that their parents never know about...

I'm surprised at the fact you are actually a grown adult, you seem very immature with the way you are always stirring the pot, name-calling, and arguing, especially with a 16 year old. Maybe you should worry a little less about others, and work on improving yourself. From the sound of things on here you have a lot of maturing to do, even if you are old and have children. Thats what I get from the things you've started here[this and the football thread]. I could be wrong, very possible, but if thats the case you just seem like a little kid when you get on the computer.
Old 10-25-07, 03:42 PM   #30
flbassman

spiralfrog.com. Free, legal, ad supported. Not a huge selection of some genres (country, my favorite...) but there's enough to keep you interested.
Old 10-29-07, 08:55 PM   #31
thebus71h
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto View Post
I feel sorry for you 02, you were raised wrong.
You feel entitled to something for nothing and have no remorse because you think the odds are in your favor.
My kids (19 and 15) have absolutly nothing in common with you...
Wow, that comment blows me away. For another human being to just flat out call someones upbringing wrong, trashing not only him, but his parents, where the hell did YOU learn respect.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 12:17 AM   #32
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

dont worry his kids arent perfect they lie behind his back ...they problay download music w/ out him knowing to ...denail is the first stage otto...you have to accept that u or ur kids arent perfect no one is ! if you need to talk to someone im here for u !!!
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.