Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-01-09, 02:07 PM   #26
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

becareful if you go with braid, i cut the hell outta my self with it the other day.

also, if you are still not good at throwin a baitcaster go with somethin besides braid....a birdsnest or any kind of tangle is 10 times harder to get out with braid than with mono or fluro
fishin spro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 02:15 PM   #27
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I've used 15lb P-line fluoro on a baitcaster, and it wasn't bad. I've used 20lb Stren fluoro as leader for pitching/flippin in really clear water, and I don't think I'd use it as a mainline, it's fairly stiff.

Right now, I'm using 12lb Seaguar InvisX, and I love it. By far the best fluoro I've used to far.

I will stess this though, fluoro will alright for the cranks, but you really do want a rod with a slower action. And for frogging: fluoro gets a huge NO. Fluoro sinks, making it less than ideal for topwater presentations.

BB
Amen on the seaguar , I just nabbed some p-line fluoro clear in 20lb to try out .

Jim
Old 03-01-09, 02:22 PM   #28
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

fishin pro I have had a baitcaster for about a year and I am getting okay at it, still mess up every once in a while.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 02:22 PM   #29
Jigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu4600 View Post
Trilene big game mono in green.
Ditto the Big Game. But I'd go with the clear in 15 lb test. I'm a line watcher and I can't see the green too good.

I somewhat disagree with the others that say you can't use just one line for all the applications you mention. I think you can do just fine with 15lb Big Game in clear. It won't be the perfect line for all applications but it will definitely work and do you a good job. I would not be concerned about using it for all the things you mention and I would not feel at all handicapped.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 02:22 PM   #30
jig fisherman

Jim how limp is that line, I had been thinking about floro and that was one of the kinds I was looking at.
Old 03-01-09, 02:29 PM   #31
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jig fisherman View Post
fishin pro I have had a baitcaster for about a year and I am getting okay at it, still mess up every once in a while.
u should be fine then...just keep an extra spool of line in your tackle box just in case.

also, keep a good pocket knife with you...you can not cut braid with nail clippers or bite through it like you could with mono or fluoro
fishin spro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 02:35 PM   #32
jig fisherman

yeah, it is hard to cut, so I normally use a knife like you said.

Last edited by jig fisherman; 03-01-09 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-01-09, 09:28 PM   #33
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin spro View Post
becareful if you go with braid, i cut the hell outta my self with it the other day.

also, if you are still not good at throwin a baitcaster go with somethin besides braid....a birdsnest or any kind of tangle is 10 times harder to get out with braid than with mono or fluro

I have to disagree man learning a bait caster with braid spooled on it is a lot easier . to prevent your backlashes pull out a little more line than you would normally cast and then apply a piece of tape . that way if you backlash it will only go as far as the tape then when you get more comfortable with casting remove the tape .

Jim
Old 03-01-09, 09:29 PM   #34
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jig fisherman View Post
Jim how limp is that line, I had been thinking about floro and that was one of the kinds I was looking at.
Seaguar Invizx is great no complaints about it yet and I have not spooled the pline fluoro clear up yet I will let ya know how I like it after I get to fish with it .

Jim
Old 03-01-09, 09:40 PM   #35
cassidyta

I have spooled both and now use the p-line as a backer for my seaguar. Just my 2 cents worth.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.