Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-10, 04:46 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default H&H Spinners

Saw an ad for these in the BPS catalog. How many of y'all started with these? I know I did!
Old 03-25-10, 06:17 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bought one a long time ago. Think it might be out in my old metal tacklebox. Can't remember using it. Dang I'm getting old.
Old 03-25-10, 09:39 PM   #3
keithdog

Metal box Bob? You are going back a ways arn't you, lol. My first box was metal too handed down to me after my Grandpa passed on. I remember buying my dad a metal UMCO tackle box for fathers day when I was a paper boy. Those were the days. Back to Rebs post, I think I did have one of the H&H spinnerbaits but I'm not sure. I do remember when I was 9 years old back in 1968 buying an in line spinnerbait from Arbugast that resembled a skirted jig with a spinner blade in front of it. It had two long straight wires for a weed guard. The blade was kind of L shaped like half a buzz bait blade. My first true safety pin style spinnerbait was made by Fleck. I caught an awful lof of fish on those Fleck spinnerbaits. Not sure why Fleck didn't survive when so many other companies had yet to introduce a spinnerbait.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 09:45 PM   #4
Rebbasser

Keith, I think that was called a Hawaiian Wiggler.

BTW, I just picked up some Suffix Elite at BPS to try it on my topwater rod. I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-25-10, 11:26 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Reb, I was looking at some today. I started out on them too. I can't tell you how many fish I lost as a kid because I forgot to install the hooks on them. You can catch bass, big bream, warmouth, and white perch on them. They are a good starter. My favorite was white and black/yellow. I think I am going to buy some for my boy next time I go to Wal-Mart.
Old 03-26-10, 06:54 AM   #6
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Keith, I think that was called a Hawaiian Wiggler.

BTW, I just picked up some Suffix Elite at BPS to try it on my topwater rod. I'll keep you posted.
Thats right, it was called a Hawaiian Wiggler. Never caught anything on it, lol. But that was the first lure I ever purchased as a kid and the monkey has had me hooked ever since. I just spooled all my crankbait setups with Suffix Elite too. We'll have to share opinions. I'm planning on getting out next weekend. Supposed to hit 70 next saturday. This sat it's going to be in the mid 20's when day breaks. Too cold for my liking!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 07:40 PM   #7
Bob Smith

I did too! I was about 11 years old and black and yellow single blade with the double hook (rigged upwards to make it weedless) was the premium bait to have. I cannot begin to count how many bass I caught on those things!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.