Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-06, 07:04 PM   #1
ironman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ironman
Thumbs down First day of high school

It was horrible, it was like in the movies. I'd say 90% of that school is gothic with their chain pants and purple hair, plus all the skater kids, witch buy the the way I have know problem with skating but all the tight pants that they wear, it's just kind of creepy. Are you're guy'es schools like that or was your school's like that?
Old 08-08-06, 07:13 PM   #2
mack

we have goths too and the skaters who wear girl pants...i skate but dont wear stupid clothes...high school sucks...i dont go back til september...worst thing in my school are the kids who think they are tough and are gansters..usually a good slam to the face takes them out...
Old 08-08-06, 07:21 PM   #3
ironman

Yea, we have those kids that think there tough too, like the kids with the sidways hats and talk all gangster like. I try to ignore them, but sometimes they just push your buttons a little to much.
Old 08-08-06, 07:28 PM   #4
Rider
BassFishin.Com Active Member

We have all of the "Gangstas, Goths, and weirdos" at my school, But we have alot more Rednecks and Country Boys.
Old 08-08-06, 07:31 PM   #5
ironman

I wish I had red necks at my school.
Old 08-08-06, 08:20 PM   #6
officerhoyt

I love high school! Its fun if you make it, we have all the groups and what not but i cool with them because thats the way they are. I dont start till end of August but i cant wait
Old 08-08-06, 08:37 PM   #7
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

We got goths, skaters, pretty boys, burnouts and good ole boys. I personally don't start off disliking you. THat's your choice....
Old 08-08-06, 08:57 PM   #8
ironman

Unfortunatly about 95% of the kids at my school do drugs witch is very sad because I only make friends with the kids that don't so I barely have any friends and in the last 2 years the stoners became the most popular one kids so school is just very depressing.
Old 08-08-06, 08:57 PM   #9
crankybait

hmm id consider myself a funny little indian wannabe rapper with the ability to speak in complete sentences
Old 08-08-06, 09:21 PM   #10
bassking22

Lol cranky. Yeah, that stuff happens at my middle school, I do wear skater pants, but they arent as tight as some of the kids....
Funny you mention that ironman, I went over to one of my best friends (a girl) house, and a guy that is a huge pothead was there, and they were gonna give him "payment" for some "stuff" to go use at their grandmas house. I was like yeah I got to go home. They were talking bout all the trouble they got in with the cops this summer, and it makes me thnk how glad I am I just fished all summer........
Old 08-08-06, 09:35 PM   #11
Fishie1

awww man it's getting to be that time of the year....S#*T
Old 08-08-06, 09:43 PM   #12
ironman

Good job bassking.
Old 08-08-06, 09:47 PM   #13
bassking22

Thanks, I'm just not into that stuff. It made me realize how much a person can change over 1 summer......
Old 08-08-06, 09:57 PM   #14
ironman

What's said is how many people do it, I mean I say know at least once a day.
Old 08-08-06, 10:01 PM   #15
bassking22

Yeah, there is a bunch down here too, and I'm just glad I stayed away from that stuff this summer, I have one friend in a mental institute, because of an addiction, and a bunch of my good friends started this summer. Two kids ODed this summer.
Old 08-09-06, 01:42 PM   #16
Rider

Yall are lucky.....Kinda.Kids were i live dont smoke Pot, They snort coke. I dont like drugs period.Never tried them never will. You spend $10 on lure as long as yuo dont lose em, ur good, $10 on weed its gone as soon as you smoke it.

But other that the cokeheads and potheads at my school, High School is pretty cool, I have cool classes like masonary and auto mechanics so Im lookin forward to this year
Old 08-09-06, 02:26 PM   #17
flfireman

Don't worry about fashion, it comes it goes. Clothes don't make the person. Drugs, they all end up screwing up sooner or later. Hopefully you aren't around when the sooner happens. The gangsta's, most of these guys run around like that and act tough because without the group, they are nothing. Find a good friend who like's what you like. People come and go all through life, good friends will be with you through it all. You guy's all seem to have one common thing, why buy drugs when I can buy fishing stuff!! Keep that outlook. Study hard, don't let the BS bother you. Just think about it. BS get's bad, GO FISH!! It'll be over before you know it, then you'll be wishing it was back in 10 years.
Old 08-09-06, 02:45 PM   #18
PowerBass

Our highschool up here has 2 or 3 distinct groups, Redneck, Goth, Skater, Emo is now up and coming. Our school has a bad drug problem, and it is now startign to see gang signs. We also had a bomb scare last year. High school is turning into a rough place anymore. Thank god I am a junior this year, and am out after next year. The BS is too much. I get made fun of for fishign and hunting yet they sit there and kill off there cells in there head daily. Whos the loser now? When all else fails turn to the great outdoors.
Old 08-09-06, 02:50 PM   #19
crankybait

they make fun of fishing? hmm thats a surefire way to get beaten down. thank god im going to some super genius school where the kids value their brain cells highly im starting a fishing club, a luremaking club, and joining debate. working out every few days... never know when you can get into trobule.

as to groups. we have almost no gohs punks and emos tank god in this middle school. hopefully it will stay that way. none of the kids at the highschool orientation looked like that... after all it takes crazy brainns to get there and no druggie would make it. its a medical school for gods sakes, why woulld a druggie want to go? now wannae gangstas i have no problem with. i find it hillarious, and most of them are pretty funny...
Old 08-09-06, 03:22 PM   #20
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Most High Schools are the same, and when you graduate most people quickly learn a few of the same lessons. I'll go ahead and give yall the cliff notes....

1. Nobody at any highschool is a big deal. So there seems to be a few kids who run the place? So what, they are of little consequence to that thing called the real world. I know lots of kids who were popular in HS, but as it turned out, HS was their last hurrah. They are working at baskin robbins now.

2. Drugs may seem like there everywhere, but a lot of kids talk a lot of crap. Some of the people you think do drugs, don't touch them - but want to be known as being bad. And some kids that you think don't touch them are into all sorts of drugs.

3. Kids are stupid. Sorry, but this is a fact. How about those emo kids? Lol, when I was in HS they were all dressing up like Marilyn Manson, I remember when columbine happened. So kids are suceptable to all sorts of stupid fads that they drop once they get into the real world.

Now what does this mean to all of you? Maybe nothing. But I'll give a little advice. See all the members in this thread who are in HS, and who are in agreement about how HS sucks? Well, that means that there are other students at your local HS that are just like you, thinking that its all a bunch of pretentious bs. Make friends with them. Just be a normal guy. Don't pick fights with the druggies, the gangsters, the preps, the rednecks or any other group, just keep to yourself and the few normal people who are just a little bit more mature. Don't be a pushover either, if someone tries to take your tots kick their ***. Freshman year is always the worst cause all the kids are trying to act like they are big dogs, but survive that year with maybe 5 or 10 friends who are worth something and it will get better. By the time you are a senior, you may even learn to like it cause all the ganstas normally drop out.
Old 08-09-06, 03:39 PM   #21
Christopherkeene9

Powerbass and WTL hit it right on!
Old 08-09-06, 04:06 PM   #22
bassking22

Yeah I'm lucky I have a couple of friends who are really into fishing, and will go with me anytime, and I just ignore most of the other kids at school. lol
Old 08-09-06, 04:33 PM   #23
ironman

I only have like 2 friends that don't do drugs that's why I only have 2 friends. Man I wish you guys went to mu school!
Old 08-09-06, 04:55 PM   #24
bassking22

Well, be glad that you have two friends, theres twins at my school, and one is popular, and the other one has no friends, they don't ever even talk to each other, and I feel so sorry for that kid.
Old 08-09-06, 05:41 PM   #25
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

there's a young girl that walks around town dressed up like raggedy ann.she even goes to school like that.she's been doing this for over a year from what i understand.i swear.what's up with that?.............guess it could be worse..she could be dressing like osama bin laden.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.