Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-10, 03:29 PM   #26
HaydenBassKid
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for all of yall's rods that I yall's mind are really good rods .
HaydenBassKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 07:52 PM   #27
flipit
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenBassKid View Post
Okay so what in yall's mind are the best all around rods for the money .

Id suggest looking into Powell rods. Great rods and not only great for the money. I just switched to them and they are great. Prices run from $139 to $169 list. I was fishing Loomis GLX's, these are every bit as good.

Ck em out here:http://www.powellco.com/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 06:50 PM   #28
Hugo_Hogz
BassFishin.Com Member

As for the prices of these rods, it might be in your best interest to look for these rods in good used condition. Search different fishing forums, they usually have a selling section where you can find great deals on great rods. You will find that most bass fishermen a have sickness that leads to constant upgrading. Once I think I'm set with what I got I get hypnotized by another new product that I need.

Also when new product lines come out the previous years products can be thrown on clearance for great deals. I saw avids were being sold for $99 last year. Places can have great sales, online ordering can also save you on tax, and you can find free shipping.

*Thumbs up on the powell rods too*

Last edited by Hugo_Hogz; 01-08-10 at 08:53 PM.
Hugo_Hogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:41 PM   #29
Basscat7
BassFishin.Com Member

Falcon Lowriders and Caras.

Lowriders might be the best bang for your buck in rods.
Basscat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:53 PM   #30
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lamiglas and Shimano offer excellent values in the best bang for the buck department.

The house rods from BPS and Cabela's too. I have a cabela's graphite handle rod whose model name is escaping me through this senior moment that has been nothing but surprising. It has landed smallmouth bass, trout, and pink salmon.
Old 01-10-10, 12:43 PM   #31
muddy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

6'6" or 7ft Med Heavy /Fast

now medium heavy and fast actions can differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, so its best to take the reel you are going to use and take it to the store, if you are buying a rod you never used it before, to check thing like thumb bar alignment and over all balance and feel

Trying to talk Im rating and tons of graphite, is also usless because i have seen major diffences between rod makers and even in different rods from the same source, again go feel one

Best bang for the buck for me

1. Baitcasting and Spinning about the same

Fenwick;
Eagle GT
Ventura
HMX

BPS;
Extremes and the Pro Qualifier: only when on sale, because the sale prices more actually reflect their worth to me

Cabelas;
Fish Eagle II: they dumped the older models for 30 bucks last year, still good at 80. Will put different modes on sale at 50 bucks, its worth holding out if you want one
Pro Guide IM6; they just cahnged it this year the older ones were great rods for 40 bucks! have to see about newer ones

My Experience with St Croix was that the one everyone loves : Premier Series ,because it is hand wrapped here, had major issues with inserts on the guides they used. I am not the only one who experienced this and it happened with 3 rods, 2 spinning and a casting. I have other rods in the same locker, by other companies and this did not happen to thsoe rods, In honesty they ultimatley refunded my money, no issues with thier integrity or customer service

What is strange the rod a lot of St Croix fans hate TRIUMPH, smae SCII blank ad the USA handwrapped Premier, but machine warpped in China with different guides, showed the same good actions without the guide isssues.

Last edited by muddy; 01-10-10 at 12:48 PM.
muddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 12:52 PM   #32
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Kistler for me, I've used them exclusively for 5 years. My mix includes Argon, LTA & LTX rods. As mentioned above I've bought a half-dozen of the '09 leftovers at 50% - 60% off list. I also did that last year when the '08 rods went on steep discount. Simmons Sporting Goods is one of the outlets for year end closeouts, that I've used. This makes Kistler one of the BEST bang for the buck I've ever found. They are an excellent rod at retail, but when you can get them at half-price they are a bargain.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 03:02 PM   #33
muddy

They were on sale at Cabelas site last mont!
Old 01-17-10, 09:42 AM   #34
flippin4it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
I have to say for the money Powell. Although I really like Kistler LTA's the most.
Ditto..........
Old 01-26-10, 12:24 AM   #35
Justin2729

Used to use g-L's but Ive switched to Cumera's .I love them great rods for bottom contact lures and the tactic rods by Berkeley seem to work well for your spinners and cranks. And there CHEAP witch means a lot. lol
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 03:33 AM   #36
LuvThyMeta|
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via MSN to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via Yahoo to LuvThyMeta|

Yeah everyone has their own personal opinion. I like Abu Garcia rods, that's what i have right now.
LuvThyMeta| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 02:13 PM   #37
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubbockFisher View Post
Ive tried the rest, now I go with the best. FALCON Lowrider, Cara, and Experts are all I will buy from now on.
+1 Been fishing with Falcon rods for 12 years now. I have no reason to even look at any others. The Cara line is my personal favorite.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 02:20 AM   #38
LuvThyMeta|
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via MSN to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via Yahoo to LuvThyMeta|

I will take a look at the Falcon rods right this moment and maybe buy myself one because i need another.
LuvThyMeta| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 02:23 AM   #39
basstastic
BassFishin.Com Member

I like st. croix mojo for the money they run from 100-120 bucks.
basstastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 06:02 PM   #40
tomegun
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
I have to say for the money Powell. Although I really like Kistler LTA's the most.
Metoo! I have both, plus a bunch of Loomis'. You got any shops that have high end rods nearby? Take your reel and go test driving. Not all reel seats fit all reels. I learned this with Arrius and some St Croix's.
tomegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 06:20 PM   #41
Backwater Charlie

A $50 - $100 rod, 6'6", Medium/Heavy, 100% graphite, will do for everything there is.
Old 02-06-10, 07:43 PM   #42
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Shakespeare wonderrods.

(I'm not serious, but I think they are collectible)
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 09:16 PM   #43
muddy

Hey WTL, I just found out my cousin has my 1962 Ted Williams Approved Shakspeare Rod, wioth the big metal ferrule in the middle, and the Mitchell 300 is still on it. Its very used and beat up, doubt it is worth much
Old 02-06-10, 10:54 PM   #44
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I was raised on stories about shakespeare wonder rods and garcia red reels. Makes me think an ugly stick is a fine piece of craftsmanship in comparison.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 11:49 AM   #45
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I like a lot of rods in the 100 dollar range.
Bps extreme, pro qualifier, abu garcia vendetta, all star rods.
Old 02-25-10, 10:17 AM   #46
gidkid66
BassFishin.Com Member

Take a look at WWW.Acadiasports.com there rods are great and they are By one get one free F series is close to allstar Quality and the M series is close to St.Croix you will not be disapointed.
gidkid66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.