Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-12, 12:30 AM   #1
bigjim
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default fear of tube baits

every single time I tie 1 on, im snagged almost immediately. mostly occurs if im bouncing it off the bottom, if i swim it back not so much. but since i dont often use them im not really sure of the proper method to fish these type baits in the first place. ive always been under the impression just throw it out there let it sink and pop-it let it sink back down repeat. until you pretty much retrieved the bait back to you and do it all over again, but after my 3rd or 4th pop im snagged. on occasion i can get it free but mostly have to cut line & re-tie., ive used them with a off set worm hook and texas rigged them and of course i dont get snagged up nearly as much but when i use a weighted tube jig hook and that hook is exposed ,i'm bound to get hung up. to me its more trouble than its worth and I just bypass them and use something else
bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.