Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-18-04, 06:30 PM   #1
TopRob
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TopRob
Default Drop shoting

I just bought a bag of these lures made by Waveworms for drop shotting and I'd like to know when and were I should use them at.
TopRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 07:54 PM   #2

Default Re: Drop shoting

Drop shoting is a finese technique I use in clear water or when the fish are tight lipped. I've also used it in presenting it to bedding fish. Very accurrate in getting the bait to fish suspended off the bottom or on the bottom as you can consistently keep the bait in one place. I've used it in dingy water as well as clear water in identifying bottom content and transitions in bottom content (you can definitely tell if when you go from weeds to rock o weeds to muck or even rocks/boulders to gravel). Use it on break lines and let if fall off the ledge...or start off the ledge and climb a slopping break.
I guess I'll mostly use this technique if my boating partner has located fish on the graph and he is carolina rigging. Usually I'll throw this in an attempt to throw something different.
Old 08-19-04, 12:31 AM   #3
bassguy2004

Default Re: Drop shoting

I like to use drop shotting as a go to type style when fishing is tough, but on the other hand it works well any time. We had a club tournament at Lake Oroville here in Ca. We located bait fish at 25 feet. The spots were right below them feeding like crazy. We set up drop shot rigs with 2 hooks, one aprox. 2 feet from the bottom and another 2 feet higher. It worked great.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.