Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-14-08, 10:52 PM   #1
TravisRush
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Washington Tournaments

Does anyone know of any Washington State bass tournaments I could enter? I just wanna compete! Maybe someone could direct me to a smaller bass tournament series...for amateurs with some knowledge
TravisRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 11:57 PM   #2
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

Travis, I know absolutely nothing about tournaments in Washington but I do know that if you start looking around for bass clubs they can be a great resource for tournament information. We have a website in our area called 7/24 that list all of the tournaments for area lakes in several states.
You can also go on line and find out what lakes have issued regatta permits for tournaments.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-08, 12:04 AM   #3
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

Here, did a little plinking around on the web.
This should be a good place to start looking for information.

http://www.wabass.org/main.htm

This one may help too but I have found that a lot of the clubs that are listed on here don't seem to keep their links up very well. But who knows, give it a try.
http://http://www.bassdozer.com/bass_clubs.shtml
Old 10-16-08, 07:16 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i would tread carefully on dozer some of them clubs are no longer around..

remember when club fishing your not in it for the money. cause trust me it ruins a lot of clubs. i have been in 5 clubs. two had more fist fights at the meetings and weigh-ins. than i was looking for..

as for tri county it WAS ok when i was in it..

but i along with a bunch of others have large bones to pick with the b.a.s.s.,flw oganiztions. so a bunch of tarheel loose cannons got togather one frosty febuary day to fish and bull chit. it was decided then and there.and the "yadkin chain gang" was created..

from them humble beginnings of 6 boats to the 27 boats that qualified for our fish off last week. yeah i think we done found our place..

zooker
Old 10-16-08, 09:55 PM   #5
TravisRush
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If I lived in NC maybe
TravisRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-08, 11:43 PM   #6
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

I will agree with Zooker on a couple of his points. First, if you are in a club just to make money, don't bother. You won't get rich and you probably won't learn that much because if the memberships biggest concern is the money, they won't share good information or techniques with you.
I also said in my original email to be careful with some of Dozer's links. Many of them are not maintained very well and don't exist. It just takes some time to weed them out.

I would suggest that if you are considering a bass club, then go to a couple of meetings before you decide. Listen to how the meetings are conducted and try to meet as many members as you can, then decide if they are the kind of people you want to fish with.

We also had a few bones to pick with the Federation Nation a couple of years ago. But that was more political between them and B.A.S.S. It just ran down hill and hit us.

My best advise would be to get involved but don't rush. Get your feet wet on a club level with a "GOOD" club and then if the finances are there try your hand at the tournament trail level. That is a whole new game.
Take care,

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.