Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 03-03-05, 07:30 PM   #1
kentucky_bass_man
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kentucky_bass_man
Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, the year has been wet all over. I feel like a duck as every time I am out I have to have on a rain suit. The gates at the dam were closed last Friday and the backs of some creeks cleared up. The water temp is 54 degrees. This is in the mid lake areas and was around 57 in the northern ends in some areas. The temp can change as to where you are at. I have found some temp gauges can be 5 degrees different from boat to boat. Mine run two degrees from the trolling motor to the transom. With warm days scheduled for the weekend and next week look out as the bass will be everywhere. They want to get to the shallows and warm sun shine is the key to getting the water temp up to the magic temp. The fish on Fork will spawn at 60 degrees but 62 to 72 is the magic temp. When you start catching males pretty regular in and area either move the boat and fish where the boat is or cast out the other side of the boat. This is where the big females will be waiting for a suitor to come get them and bring them in to mate. Jigs, weightless Wave Tiki Sticks, Wave Tiki Lizards, Spinner baits, lipless crank baits, Lake Fork Tackle Ring Fries and twitch worms fished weightless, Craw Tubes, and Top Dog lizards have all been good baits to catch fish. Five to seven foot of water since the water temp came down is a good depth to work the above baits. Grass is the key to finding the fish as they will be in the holes and the edges. I know this is all you hear fish the grass but this is the best areas to work. Some grass is better than other so work over different kinds and look for grass close to deep water. If the weather gets as warm as they are calling, you want have trouble finding fish. They will be all over. Look north as the water will be warmer there. When you get a bite or catch a fish work that area well as there maybe more fish close by. Go back to the area many times as new fish may show up. Don’t forget these fish will be caught many times this time of year and careful handling is a must to insure we don’t lose any fish. CPR CATCH PICTURE RELEASE is the key word. Do all this as quick as possible and let the fish go. The crappie are starting to show up around docks but the numbers have not been real good. The warm weather will get them on the move soon to. 15 to 20 feet out on the timber lines leading to the coves is a good bet to work minnows for some nice fish. The fish have eggs but they have not gotten red as they do when the fish get ready to spawn. I still have some open dates so give me a call if you want to go fishing.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
kentucky_bass_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 08:08 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

glad to see u finally joined us.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.