Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 11-25-04, 11:02 PM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, I don’t know about you but I have over eaten on the old bird and all the other goodies and am trying to take a nap but before I do I thought I would give you a little info on the lake. The rain hasn’t stayed in Main or on the plain as the old rhyme goes. We had about three and a half inches. The feeder creeks are off color a good ways out. The water level is full and the water is 57 degrees. The fishing slowed some today. But thank goodness the wind laid. The deep fish will start showing back up soon. Usually the fish will be sluggish the first day after a major front and with the sun coming out. It had been cloudy for a week and then the sun popped out. The Carolina rig, jigging spoon, tail spinner and the swim baits are good mid day starters out deep. With all the new water coming in the spinner bait will be a good choice. White or chartreuse and white are good colors. I like the willow leaf blades and one gold and the other silver. Work over the grass and slow roll it out to the edge of the grass and let it fall some and slow roll it down the taper grass.
The deep fish will take your electronics and locate them then mark the spot and drop a spoon or Carolina rig and work it slowly. The fish will tell you how they want it to be worked.
The crappie are showing signs of making a start to the main lake. Look around the bridges and the timber out in 30 foot. The fish will be suspended about 18 to 25. Small minnows and jigs will be the ticket. Be sure and remember December one you have to keep the first 25 you catch. This will go on till the last of February.
Remember the big fish will soon be moving and this will be a time to be on the lake.
A guide trip is a great Christmas gift. Call or check me out on the web.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.