Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-04, 09:24 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, like I said several reports ago, summer to winter. It is hard to believe we are a little over two weeks from Christmas and the temp is in the 70’s. This has been a great time to fish as the days have been great and the fishing has been good. The fish are still holding around the grass in the mornings and on some days all day. The weightless Wave Tiki Stick, Lake Fork Tackle ZigZag, zoom super flukes, spinner baits, and tail spinners. Work the main lake areas where deep water comes in close to the grass and look for points formed by the grass. Carolina rigs pulled on the out side of the grass is a good big fish pattern. Lake Fork Tackle has come out with a new albino color baby creature. This is a good color to fish out deep or along the grass. Slow rolling big spinner baits over deep humps and main lake points can be deadly this time of year. The water temp has dropped some but the warm days has the surface water a little back up. Remember the first foot of water will be the reading on most temp gauges because they are on the back of most boats. I have one on my trolling motor which puts the gauge down three feet. This will give you a better reading. Water temp really has no concern this time of year unless you are fishing shallow. You may wont to find the warmest water available. Look on the wind blown banks as sufferance water will be pushed up in this are and should be warmer. The spring is usually the time of year I pay attention to the water temp. I do know when the lake temp gets into the low to mid 50’s the big bite is ready to break loose. The main key to fishing this time of year is to GO SLOOOOW. The fish are cold blooded but they don’t move fast this time of year. The jigging spoon was the best bait this past week. We were not hopping the bait but slow reeling it along the bottom. We caught some nice bass but the bar fish kept us in activity all day long. 12 year old Kenneth Anderson caught his biggest fish which was 5.98 lbs. On a spoon. I have mentioned this many times in my winter articles and reports, when you find bar fish the bass are close by. If don’t wont the bar fish on your line change to a different bait like Carolina rig, big spinner bait, jig and pig, or any other bait you like to fish. When I am catching only bar fish in and area I will move but will come back as the bass may not have been aggressive when I was there the first time. Again remember SLOOOW on all your baits.
Remember it is still time to give that special someone a Guided Fishing Trip for that surprise gift. I can email you a Gift Certificate to wrap up for Christmas Morning.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.