Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-04, 08:36 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

8)Well, the wind and cold has held most people off the lake. I have not seen many people out. The ones I have talked to at the marinas have told me they would be out there but last minute Christmas shopping has kept them off the lake. Hum! I wonder. Ha! I believe the weather has been the biggest problem. We are two days away from a great family tradition. I want all to be very careful traveling to and from their family get together. The roads will be crowded and there maybe some ice still around. When the wind lets up there will be some fish out deep. The crappie will start to really stack up now with the water chilling down. They will be up on the main lake points and your electronics will be very important in finding the areas. The lipless crank bait will be a good bait in the shallow water around the grass. The half and quarter ounce size will be good starters. The crawfish pattern will be the best color. Jigging spoons, tail spinners, and drop shots are all good deep water baits. The water is in the upper forties and very low fifties. Remember to bundle up good when you get out on the water. The hand warmers that are throw away are very good to have in a pocket. Keep them in a tight spot and they will last all day. A pack of six is pretty cheep.
I wish all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.