Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 03-24-05, 09:11 AM   #1
kentucky_bass_man
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kentucky_bass_man
Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Rea

Well, the full moon is almost up on us. Tomorrow will bring spawn into full view. The males have invaded the shallows and are setting up house keeping. The recent cold front has had the fishermen scratching their heads. Including me. The water temp is holding around 60 but that can change is different areas. Soft plastic from Wave Tiki Sticks, Craw dudes, and lizards to spinner baits, small crank baits, Lipless crank baits, Lake Fork Tackle ring fries, fished weightless or with a split shot six inches or so up the line has been very popular with the fishermen. I know everyone thinks the fish are gone but with the weather the bite is on again and off again. Warm weather is all we need and the banks will be covered up with fish. There are some males locked on the beds and if sight fishing is your thing a lizard or bright colored tube rigged Texas style with a quarter or bigger weight is all you need.
The crappie are starting to show up as we are catching them on Bass fishing tackle. I have seen several crappie fishermen casting small jigs and slow reeling them back and catching quite a few fish. Small bobbers with split shot and a minnow will also work around the timber in shallow water.
Take care to release all fish carefully as they will be caught many times. Over the next several weeks. CPR Catch Picture Release
I still have some April dates open if you want to call and set a trip.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
kentucky_bass_man is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.