Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-05, 08:14 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Newton Lake Illinois

Well I hooked up with Ilbassin and his cohort Daniel on sunday at this powerplant lake. We were all fishing from Daniel's boat. The air temps were lower 50's in the AM, and mid 80's by the end of the day. Sunny skies all day. But pretty windy. We started off working a bank in the clear/cooler part of the lake. Probably within 30 minutes Daniel had caught 2 nice bass around the 3lb range. He was using a hard jerkbait in clown color. Well ILbassin then tied the same bait on, and caught another one around the 3lb mark. So of course I dig in and pull out my Lucky Craft Live pointer 95sp, and can't catch a cold. We continued to fish, but the bite went away for most of the day. Ilbassin once again whooped my butt. He caught somewhere close to 6 or 7, Daniel caught 3 or 4 and of course I caught 2 little ones. Had a great time, with some good pointers on pitchin and flippin from Ilbassin. Got lots of practice, but few fish. I did miss several, either little bluegills or just nipping at it. I believe it's the hardest time to catch a fish after you go a couple of hours with no bites, then your mind wanders, and boom you miss a fish. Anyway thanks again Ilbassin, and tell Daniel the same, I had a great time.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 08:29 PM   #2
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33
Default Re: Newton Lake Illinois

Lizards let me start off by saying any time you want to go just let me know. You're a pleasure to fish with and any boater that draws you in their BFL tourny is lucky.

Now don't laugh. I actually couldn't sleep that night. I laid in bed tossing and turning and mad as heck that we didn't do better. Heres what I came up with. It's my fault. I should've known better than to leave those points. I thought we would be able to run and gun a bunch of points and catch a decent fish off of them. Where I screwed up is not backing off of the points that we caught the fish on and fishing them better. Hind sight is 20/20 but so is my vision. I saw what was happening but didn't pay attention. Like I said my fault.

Well I still had fun and it was well worth the trip just to get to fish with you guys.
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 08:36 PM   #3
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Lizards, If you had a decoder ring you would have caught a few more fish. ;D Man you guys make me jealous, I ain't got no one to fish with but the guys I fish against all of the time.When are you coming up Lizards? ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 09:22 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=pig_n_jig link=board=Reports;num=1113952491;start=0#2 date=04/19/05 at 19:36:10]Lizards, If you had a decoder ring you would have caught a few more fish. ;D Man you guys make me jealous, I ain't got no one to fish with but the guys I fish against all of the time.When are you coming up Lizards? ;D P N J[/quote]

Maybe sooner than you think I have a few Irons in the fire that will be done in july or sept at the latest. I am definately wanting to take a trip to see you, bassintom, and zooker all along the coast. May not be this year, but I will come out and fish with ya.

Thanks ILbassin for the kind words. I actually was thinking the same thing as you after the trip. But as you said hindsight is 20/20. Next time it's Paducah or the coal pit though

Lizards
Old 04-19-05, 09:41 PM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

lizards
i promise not to backboat you like IL did.. ;D
would like to fish with all you guys(except those on my "LIST&quotha..
i did get to fish with dave w.last year.going to try to fish with him again.and maybe bearpaws and senko sam..we'll see what happens.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 10:01 PM   #6
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

[quote author=bassintom link=board=Reports;num=1113952491;start=0#4 date=04/19/05 at 20:41:09]lizards
i promise not to backboat you like IL did.. ;D[/quote]
;D ;D ;DLOL ;D ;D ;D

Dang it Tom I didnt think he new the difference or he was just a heck of a nive guy. Naw really he was up front with me most of the day.
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-05, 02:48 PM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassintom link=board=Reports;num=1113952491;start=0#4 date=04/19/05 at 20:41:09]lizards
i promise not to backboat you like IL did.. ;D
would like to fish with all you guys(except those on my "LIST&quotha..
i did get to fish with dave w.last year.going to try to fish with him again.and maybe bearpaws and senko sam..we'll see what happens.[/quote]

I would love to fish with both bearpaw and senkosam also Maybe when I do make the trip we could all go out for a day.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.