Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-05, 12:39 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default not so bad day.

went out yesterday from 10a.m. to 9:30p.m. we went out to the Oklawahau river and we were going to good spots, but it seemed that the bass wernt there. we went into a cove off the river and i was sure i was gunna get a bass. all i got was a bowfin :P this river is not in short supply of bowfin. then we went past the silver springs area of the river where the springs meets the river. the water there was clear. i could see bass hangin around trees. but we went further up the river to this area where it got to about 17' deep. we anchord there and did some fishin. once again i caught a bowfin but he shook the hook right at the boat. then its getting latee, so we pull up anchor and find that its stuck on a tree it was the hardest 30 minutes pulling the tree all the way up. it had to weigh atleast 100lbs i finally got it about 5 feet under the boat when a boat came and i had to drop it so we could get out of the boats way(the area of the river had fallen trees so there was only one way thru and ewe were blocking it) so after it left i began pulling it up again and i snaped the tree in half i was really happy there because pulling the rest up wasnt hard at all. 8) so then we moved back down the river near the dam. there was alittle cut off on the river that we fished. i had a few crappie try to hit my lure and that was it. then it was getting dark so we ran down to the dam area and anchored there for some night fishin for catfish. now i remembered that the bigger cats feed on the top so i put one of the crawlers on a bobber near the ytop, and i put another crawler on the bottom. some guys had the spot we wanted to go, they ended up catching soft shelled turtles, bream, bowfin, catfish. if only we had gotten there first. ;D after a while of waiting i started reeling the one on the bottom in and sure enough i had a fish on. got the fish up and it was a small(less then a lb) bullhead. first bullhead i have ever caught. he swallowed the hook so we cut the line abd threw him in the livewell. he ended up getting me with his front spines on the thumb. we were gunna stay longer but our phones had no reception and we couldnt call my mom to let her know what we were gunna do. so we loaded up and offered the catfish to someone fishing the bank. they declined the offer so i let him go. then on the 1 1/2 hour drive home i couldnt wait for my birthday cake and homemade pizza ;D ;D so it was a good day of fishin, and it was a good birthday. 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 12:52 PM   #2
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Re: not so bad day.

Sounds like a great day and Happy Birthday
Just getting "out there" is half the fun,
But it sure would be nice if these bass would turn on again, it wont be long....
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.