Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-05, 09:21 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default no good

went out to lake triplet today for about an hour. all i have to say is, what a trashy lake :P the park along the lake was filled with trash everywhere in and along the shoreline of the lake. now, this lake did look good, just not for a shore fisherman. if you lived on this lake, or have a boat, then i think this lake would be great to fish. the only problem was, the lack of areas to fish on the shore, and all the trash. if i had a boat, or could have gotten to get somebody to let me fish from a private dock, anywhere away from public access, then i think this lake has potential. but the public area looks way overfished, and full of trash. there was this area that i saw that was filled with lilly pads and hydrilla, it was out of my reach tho. i think that if i could have reached it, a frog over the top would have produced fish. i did have one hit, and it felt fairly big. but i did not set the hook :-[ it is safe to say, that unless i get a boat, or find a way to fish from some private property, then i will not go back to this lake. tommorrow i will be fishing lake maitland, i hope to have a better day.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 12:45 AM   #2
DDmay87
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DDmay87
Default Re: no good

Were you fishing in a park? If so say something to the people who run the park, there is no reason for the lake to be trashed out and nasty. Just an idea.....
DDmay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 12:12 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya, it was a park. i guess i will say something. gettin ready to go to lake maitland as soon as i get directions, hope to have a good day. 8)
Old 04-29-05, 06:02 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

well, i was gunna go to lake maitland, but the only public access to this lake was a boat ramp, and there wasnt much space at that. so i decided to go over to lake underhill. let me tell you, i would not want to be a fisherman in a boat on that lake. it is infested with lake lice ;D there was alot of access to the shore and it looked good.i started walkin around and noticed a few beds. loooked abandoned. i walked alittle farther and started to fish. i was using a tiki dip stik in redbug/chart. i had one hit but she jumped and threw the hook :P so i move alittle farther down and see a sh*t load of beds. i thiought i was gunna have a feild day. turns out every bed there was a tilapia bed. now i thought, ok i will see if a tilapia will give me a fight. so i start walking down very quietly and i step on a stick and the water just went crazy with all them swimmin off. i have encountered these fish before at golf coarse ponds, and they are the most easily spooked fish ever! they also will not protect their bed ??? i can reel a worm right onto their bed with them sitting right there and they just stare at it. so i get a bigger worm, still they stare at it. i even make it look like its eating eggs and they just swim off. ??? i then tried a bzz bait with no success. i tried more for LM and nothing. tommorrow i will be going to lake baldwin if i dont go intercoastal. either way im fishin on my b-day ;D again, i hope to do better.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.