Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 05-14-05, 07:04 PM   #1
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Any mechanics on this board?

I am having trouble with my A/C on my F150. I know some of you are going to say get a Chevy, but this truck is all I have and all I can afford right now. Hopefully there is a mechanic on here that can help me out. This is the best place I can think of to ask.

My A/C wasn't working so I decided to gas it up today before the weather gets really hot. I put the gauge on and it was reading correct amount of freon, but my compressor won't come on. If I try to add more freon, then the gauge goes into the red zone, so I know that I have enough freon to engage the clutch on the compressor. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can try? I found the fuse block for the compressor, but it also controls the backup lights and they are working fine. This is one little black box that hooks into one fuse area. Does this box have multiple fuses in it that could actually blow where the other things it controls would still work?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 08:38 PM   #2
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466
Default Re: Any mechanics on this board?

I am the consummate non-mechanic. Maybe you'll get the help you need here. If not, you may want to try at:

http://www.f150online.com/index.cfm

mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 09:18 PM   #3
bassfisher14

I have searched there all evening and can't find a thing to do with my problem. Looks like I might have to register so I can ask. Thanks Marty
Old 05-15-05, 02:25 PM   #4
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

BOOGER,

Â* Â* Sounds like your compressor clutch may be out. Check the wires going to the clutch with a test light to see if you have power. If you do, take it to a mechanic and have him check the compressor clutch.
If you don't have power at the clutch wires, start back tracking and checking for power. Check on both sides of your AC switch to see if you have power going in and coming out when the switch is on. You can do a lot of checking with a $3.00 test light and save a lot of headaches and money.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 05:55 PM   #5
bassfisher14

I have a follow up. I pushed on the connector to the make sure it was hooked up good. When I did this my pressure gauge dropped down to the low state, so this told me that I wasn't getting a good connection on my meter in the first place. I Started gassing again today and actually got it to kick on, but it only kicks on for about 2 seconds, then kicks off. It does this in a continuous cycle over and over again and the air is still blowing warm. I ran out of freon, so I am betting it is just so low that the one can I put in it wasn't enough. Might just take it and have it flushed out and re-filled. That way I know that it is filled correctly. I know these mechanics really well and know that they won't try and rip me off by telling me I need something that I don't.

Thanks for the help fellows
Old 05-16-05, 11:44 AM   #6
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

Check the relay going to the compressor. I'm not a mechanic but I did stay at a Holliday Inn Express.
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 05:06 PM   #7
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Haaaaaaaa. ;D
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.