Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-05, 11:52 AM   #1
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default what takes so long?

i can unload or load my 20 ft bassboat in under 2 minutes.....why do the kayakers have to park their outbacks in the middle of the ramp and tie a 2 boat launch ramp up for 20 minutes with those playschool toys?..and while the subaru is in the middle of the ramp and their kayuks are at the bottom of the ramp,they walk about 50 yards to sit on a bench to put their water shoes on.what's up with that?...and while i'm on a rant...why don't they have to wear PFD's at all times????.
what kind of brainless idiot would go out on a lake that's over 100 ft deep,without a life jacket,,and then pick a fight with someone in a boat that could sink them in a heartbeat?
christ,i think i'm wearing out this dam soapbox...
has anyone here ever tried to talk to these people?..i have,and you get nowhere.they have no common sense.
IMO,when someone brings a kayuk to a launch ramp,they should have someone tow it out to the middle of the lake,fill it with cinder blocks,tie the kayuker in it and sink the dam thing..we'd all be better off.
my blood pressure is probably up to about 290 over 150..
here's the box back..i have a headache...jeez!
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:21 PM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: what takes so long?

Anybody who is so weak that they need a ramp to launch a kayak shouldn't be in one in the first place. Just take the d@mn thing off the top of the car and chunk it in the water. No ramp needed. Hell I can almost do that with my boat when I take the outboard off.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:58 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

what you have to do is go up to them and tell them that if they dont get off the boatramp, they will be seeing 1oz jigs flyin at their head all mourning. then take their kayak, and throw it in the water, and tell them to go fetch 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 04:30 PM   #4
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Awww you know that some people "own" the ramp once they arrive.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 08:40 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Feel better ?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 01:03 PM   #6
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles

hey, whats wrong with kayakers/canoers? Perhaps there are some people who can't afford a 20 foot bass rig with an outboard. Of course I have seen many jerks in kayaks, but I have seen an equal amount in ski rigs, bass boats and jon boats.
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 07:19 PM   #7
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It isn't that all of them are jerks. It's just the ones that seem to think they own the boat ramps, or seem to think they can paddle anywhere they want. Just because they haven't got a motor. Believe me, most of them are a**holes!!! Sure you run into some jerks in bassboats too, but when it comes to the numbers, most kayakers are the biggest jerks you ever run across.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 08:13 PM   #8
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

TOM,

While they are walking down the bank to get to a place to put on thier water shoes, walk down the ramp and take thier Subaru out of gear and let it back into the lake. This will launch thier kayak for them. Then go to another ramp to unload, because that one will be tied up for quite a while.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 10:09 PM   #9
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

good idea JackL...and if i could get a pic of it and post it on the internet...maybe some names to go with the pic..yeah...i like that idea. ;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-05, 07:28 AM   #10
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

People that tie up the whole launch are either very selfish,don't know any better,or need to practice backing in a boat.As for a Kayak,that's one weak girly-man that can't pick it up and put it in the water.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.