Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-05, 01:43 PM   #1
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Tearing up the Crappie

Well, I finally figured out the night crappie fishing thing. I went out Saturday night. Made it on the lake around midnight with the intentions of catching some crappie. I anchored off at one spot that was supposed to be a good crappie hole. Sat there for 2 hours and didn't catch a thing. Got a couple of bites, but nothing. I moved to another spot and figured out a way to hang my spotlight over the edge of my boat to attract the baitfish in. Sat there for about 2 hours and caught a couple cats, but still no crappie. I finally figured out that what I thought was my minnow swimming around was actually crappie taking my bait. Once I figured that out I started tearing them up. I have never crappie fished before, so this was basically a learning experience for me. I ended up catching about 10 of them and a couple of shellcrackers before daylight set in and I had to leave. Now I know what to do next time and I will be able to fill my cooler full before I leave. I would post pictures, but the batteries in my camera were too dead to turn it on. I'll remember to get more batteries before I go again.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 01:47 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Tearing up the Crappie

sounds like fun! crappie are some good lil buggers to eat. did you get any size? 1lb+?
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 01:49 PM   #3
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat

Thats funny............. the same thing happend to me the first time I used minnows........... ;D ;D
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 01:50 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I've never caught a crappie. :'(
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 02:12 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

thats unbelievable hula

go to lake jesup and fish those stick piles in the mouth of soldiers creek....that whole area has stick piles, and what looks to be some kind of old dock or duck blind...something that was made of wood that now sits in the water. take a beetle spin, or a small crappie jig and fish around every one of those stick piles and wood structure.....you WILL catch a crappie.....wouldnt be suprised if it was a 2lb+ crappie too!!
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 02:22 PM   #6
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat

Them big ones fight like bass. But dont set the hook or fight them to hard because there mouths will tear and you will lose them. Hints the name papermouth... There realy fun to catch.......... Have fun ;D
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 04:58 PM   #7
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=Tourneys;num=1118767397;start=0#1 date=06/14/05 at 12:47:02]sounds like fun! crappie are some good lil buggers to eat. did you get any size? 1lb+?[/quote]

Everyone I caught was over 1 lb. There were a couple 2 lbers in there. The lake I fish at is known in this area for it's crappie.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.