Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-05, 11:35 AM   #1
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010
Default Canyon Lake, TX

I took my wife fishing at Canyon Lake on Monday 5-16. We got on the water about 11:30 and she caught the first fish at about 11:45. A good sign, I thought. The water was clear and about 73 degrees. For the next 7 hours I tried everything I knew to try to catch another fish, but with no luck. I Texas rigged, C-rigged, and wacky rigged plastics. I pitched hardwood stumps. I fished shallow and I fished deep. I threw crank baits and spinner baits. I down-sized, I up-sized. I even threw a beetle spin for a while. Nothing. I decided to run upriver where the water was stained from Sunday night's rains. At 6:30 I finally boated a small fish from about 18 inches of water on a watermelon/chart Tiki Stick. By then then the clouds were starting to threaten rain. The wind started blowing and the temperature dropped. We made a run for the ramp and loaded the boat. Five minutes later the sun was back out and it never rained a drop.

All in all the day was better than a day at work, but I was worn out when it was over. I spent the whole day fishing areas I had never fished before, except for up river where I caught the fish. It sure seems like less work on the days where no matter what you throw, you catch fish.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 12:04 AM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Canyon Lake, TX

I hear you Nitro-we fished it Sunday from about 6:30 to 9:30 when it started getting hot and the lake lice started showing up. A couple of dinks from the timber in Toms Creek and that was it.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 05:47 AM   #3
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010
Default Re: Canyon Lake, TX

Sorry to hear that Reb. On the other hand I am glad to know it wasn't just me.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.